twelve

shawn mendes

"yeah sure," i sighed through the phone, "i'll be in my room, you know the key." i remind her and she replies with a light giggle. 

"i'll see you soon, iris." i say before ending the call and dropping the phone on my bed. it was weird, very weird, to have iris calling me at 9am on a sunday. maybe because she never wakes up at this time, or because we haven't talked in weeks. 

it has been a long while since me and iris talked and saw each other because she finally went back to school and stuck to jack everywhere so i barely saw her. sammy and jay flew back for school and are coming back for christmas break and gabriella was at school. 

and me, i have been working. a lot. i was getting some late homework done because i'm only starting school on january and december only started and i've been working extra as a barista because i wanted to save up enough to see my sister back home. 

the front door opened and shut closed, and i didn't move knowing it was iris. i hopped out of bed and walked downstairs to see iris with a black hoodie–which was probably jack's–keeping her warm and her face was tinted pink from the cold. 

"hey!" she greeted, she looked good, she wore blue jeans and the black hoodie but she still pulled it off. "it's been a while," i say as i bring my arms out for a hug. iris smiles and hugs my neck before jumping to wrap her legs around my waist. 

"i miss you so much shawn and i'm so sorry i've been gone." iris says and her grip around my neck tightens while my hands around her torso did the same. "i have to catch you up on things," she says as she hops off me and pulls me over to the kitchen where she sat on one of the stools and i did the same.

if you were wondering, me and iris talked and apologized for that joke she pulled with gabriella and she was even cool with it. "what's up?" i asked iris as she turns her seat to me, leaning her elbow on the counter afterwards. 

"so lately i've been hanging out with gilinsky and we.." iris says as she trailed off, humming and adding suspense to what she was talking about. "hmm..we just, you know..."

"we're dating now," she drags out her words and gives me a smile as she waits for my reaction.

but there was nothing. i was completely blank. well my head was blank. i knew it shouldn't be happening since i know that i do like gabriella but the feeling of jealousy was shooting through my body. or was it just another feeling?

"shawn? are you okay?" iris snaps me out of my thoughts and my head snaps up. "you don't seem really happy about me and jack," she said and a disappointed look appeared on her face.

"i'm sorry i just thought of something, but i'm really happy for both of you." i grinned and as if on cue, iris' phone vibrated on the counter, and a message from jack pops up. iris grabs her phone and locks it before dropping it. 

"sorry he just wanted to know where i was," iris says as she shrugs it off. i nod and awkwardly cough at the silence that suddenly felt uncomfortable. "shawn, you know, right?" iris says with her voice low.

"know what?" my eyebrows raise in confusion but she just inhales deeply before admitting.

"i really liked you. i really really did, but i have jack now because i thought you never saw me that way," she exhales as it was my turn to inhale deeply. as much as i wanted to admit i feel the same right now, the word liked rang in my head. 

i do admit it to myself. 

i like iris, i really do.

but i was too late to figure that out. 

____

catch up chapter for a catch up

im so sorry for the huge time skip and plot change but i really find this book confusing and i just cannot I SAFaegeag

go check out my new starbucks book (ver 2) on my profile and vote for that.

im sorry for my long hiatus but im back now! i promisee! 

message me for catch ups and FOR IDEAS FOR MY NEXT CHAPTER BC IM A FLOP and check out my other lovely books  that were all ideas from nat and yeah GO I LOVE U AND SEE U SOON