ten

I FOUND SOME INSPIRATION SO I CHANGED THIS WHOLE CHAPTER :-) (im dumb im sorry) but its less shitty now

-

"so, how long have you guys been seeing each other?" she asked with an innocent smile on her face and i looked at the girl that stood beside me.

"oh, no. it is not like that," both of our eyes widened, denying every word that comes out of her mouth.

i'm fucked.

-

iris valentine
2 hours earlier // 12:00nn

"c'mon, it's gonna be fun!" vanessa cheered as she pulled me up from my bed. she rushed over to my closet, tossing articles of clothing on my bed. "it's just lunch," she shrugs and my eyes widen.

"with samuel and jay? just lunch?" my eyebrows raise and i can tell that shes rolling her eyes even with her back facing me, "never just lunch with them." she lets out a chortle and throws a black cap at my direction, making it pass my left shoulder.

"you hair is probably the visual presentation of the words that are coming out of your mouth." she retorts.

"what?"

"you hair looks like shit," she shrugs for the nth time today.

"you're such a bitch," i joke and she turns her head to send a wink to me, "yeah, but you better not sit beside samuel."

she turns her body to face me completely, "i'm definitely not letting you sit beside jay," she glares at me before picking up all the clothes and handing them to me. she pushes me to my bathroom and closes the door before i could say a word.

-

"breakfast? are you fucking joking?" i mutter and both vanessa and i look at each other at the same time, chuckling after. "i cannot believe that i walked going here in the cold," my eyes roam around the diner, spotting two boys sitting across from each other on the red couch.

"just switch seats, i'll kick your leg if somethings up," she nudges my elbow and i nod before we both make our way to the table. "hey!" vanessa greets too loud, making me roll my eyes, waiting for it to fall off my head.

"hi," jay smiles before we both sit down. i sit beside samuel and vanessa takes the seat across from me, following the plan we had earlier. jay looks at me and i just shrug it off, looking at the menu that sat in front of me.

in the middle of our conversation, samuel leans back on the couch and reaches his arm behind me before leaning in near my ear, "can we try to make this less awkward?" he whispers in my ear and i look at him.

"how? i'm basically sitting with my ex-boyfriend who cheated on me," i shrug and he just nods before patting my shoulder lightly.

"i got you babe," he winks at me before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

-

"thanks samuel for getting us breakfast food for lunch," i wrap my arm around his back and he hangs his arm over my shoulder before pulling me close to him.

"breakfast food is good anytime of the day," he shrugs.

vanessa squints her eyes at me but shakes her head after, "let's go to starbucks," vanessa walks ahead to our car and turns her head back to wink at me.

i glare at the long-haired bitch that was strutting her way to jack's car that the boys borrowed. hopping to the backseat, i groan once i see jay looking for jack's aux chord, knowing his taste in music sucks, i was wishing he couldn't find it.