eight

IRIS VALENTINE

shawn and i hopped out of his car and i see vanessa sitting on her porch waiting for us. "big problem," she said and walked back in her house with shawn and i following. vanessa walked to her kitchen and i slide on one of the bar stools and shawn stands behind me with his hands in his pockets.

"it's okay shawn, i was expecting you too."

shawn nodded and sat on the stool beside me. vanessa unlocked her phone and slid through messages and placed the phone in front of us.

"it's jack, he's saying jay is coming back with samuel next week," she said before taking a sip from her cup, "and when they come back, i don't think you'll be seeing shawn for a while."

shawn grabbed the phone and started looking through messages. he let out a big sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "wait, who's jay?" he asked and slid the phone to me.

"he's my ex," i mumbled and shawn looked down.

"oh."

"and samuel is his best friend," vanessa shrugged and leaned over the counter to look at me and shawn.

"jay moved about a year and six months ago, so we tried long distance but he cheated and i found out from samuel," i rolled my eyes and rested my cheek on the palm of my hand with my elbow on the counter. shawn nodded slowly, taking in all the information.

"but don't worry, i don't have feelings for that dick anymore," i smiled and turned to shawn who had a big grin on his face and his eyes met mine making my cheeks heat.

-

6:49pm

it's been a few hours since we were with vanessa at the mall and at her house and now shawn and i are driving to my house. we spent the whole day with her and both shawn and vanessa got along pretty well. the radio was on and shawn was using his fingers as drums and hitting the steering wheel to the beat of the song while waiting for the stoplight to turn green. he started humming along and he moved his head.

i smiled to myself and shawn noticed. he placed his warm hand on my knee. he drove with his right hand on my knee and the other on the wheel. he looked at me and gave me a sweet smile.

once shawn parked in the driveway, we both hopped out and i unlocked the door before shawn ran in. i slipped my shoes off and threw my keys on the counter as i watched shawn grab some oreos then walking to the living room like it's a casual thing.

"are you gonna come or what?"

i shrugged to myself and walked in seeing him take up the whole couch, "why don't we just hang out in my room? it's cozier there." shawn stood up with the food in his arms and he went back to the kitchen to get bottles of water.

he followed me up the stairs and ran in my room before i could. i hopped on my bed and shawn took off his flannel and laid beside me. his fingers ran through his hair and messed it up a little.

i opened my mouth to speak but his phone rang in his pocket and he stood up to answer it. shawn smiled and apologized before leaving the room. i opened a pack of oreos and separated the cookies from the cream. i stacked up the cookies and shawn walked back in, shoving two cookies in his mouth. i ate the cream part of the oreo and shawn chuckled.

"you're adorable," he looked at me and i shook my head at how sweet he's been, "by the way, i wanna take you out to lunch tomorrow so get ready at 10, i'll pick you up by then." he smiles and his eyes widened. "that rhymed tho," he smirked to himself.

i shook my head and took a bite out of an oreo and shawn leaned closer to eat the rest of it. he chuckled before apologizing,

"sorry babe."
-
8:08pm

"i'm bored," i mumble while my head rested on shawn's chest. shawn twirled my hair around his fingers while he watched another episode of the 100.

"me too, but there's nothing to do." he groaned. "i want food," he says and moves my body off his chest before standing up while offering a hand to me. i grab his hand and walk down the stairs in his shirt that's big on me and a pair of cotton shorts, he walks in the kitchen and i hop on the counter beside the sink while shawn hunts for food around the cupboards and fridge.

"i really should go grocery shopping," i say to myself and shawn turns to me, nodding his head. the doorbell echoes in the house and my body jumped slightly. "i'll get that," i mumble and walk to the front door. i opened the door a little, hiding my body behind the big wooden door.

"what are you doing here?"

-

WORD COUNT: 906

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND FOR 2K READS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND I HAVE A BUNCH MORE CHAPTERS AND STUFF COMING UP :-)

ALSO A REALLY BIG THANK YOU FOR 200 VOTES <3 IT MEANS SO MUCH

(i am currently updating from my phone)

LOVE U <3

//I EDITED THIS CHAPTER SO IT ENDS DIFFERENTLY IM SORRY FOR FUCKING UP LOL