eleven

shawn mendes

"go ahead," gabriella mumbles as she sat down on her seat, her arms crossed over her chest. i sit across from her and let out a breath.

"sorry, that was actually iris," i bit the inside of my cheek, wondering why iris would go here; was she here to see me? or was it a joke? a feeling in my stomach was telling me that she came here to see me but i had another feeling that it was just a joke. gabriella's arms fell, suddenly placing it on the table. she gave me a look to continue, and i did.

"it was uncalled for, even if it was a joke. if that changed your thoughts about me, it's fine. you don't have to talk to me or be my friend or-"

"shawn, stop." gabriella sighs while her cold hand was on top of my warm one. "i didn't mean to push you, it was a joke and it's fine, i know iris." she lightly smiles while tracing shapes on the back of my hand. 

blood rushed to my cheeks and i suddenly realized that something felt so different. i didn't know what.

"holy shit, gabriella, i got nervous." i chuckle and a cute smile formed on her face. "now that we are fine, let's get froyo and chill at mine because i do not like staying here," i sigh and stand up.

-

iris valentine

"are we going to jack's?" i ask vanessa from the backseat, tapping my finger on my lap. i chewed on my lip when vanessa continued to talk to jay, like she didn't hear what i said. a chuckle erupts from beside me and i turn my head to face samuel, who had a grin on his face. "what?"

"we're going to jack's," he shrugged, not turning his head to face me. "you know, you shouldn't keep your frustrations to yourself, i can totally help you if you want," samuel's grin turned to a smirk and he finally turns to me, sending me a wink.

"oh samuel, i'd love to punch the living shit out of you," i smile sweetly and before anything else could start, jay pulls up in jack's driveway and i hop off before anyone else could and sprint to the porch and knock on the door. jack's footsteps got louder and it didn't surprise me when jack opened the door while he was shirtless, with very messy hair.

 "hey babe," jack greets and i smile at him before walking in and walking straight up the stairs then to his room. passing the dark hallway, i open the door to his very familiar room and sit down on his bed that was covered with blue sheets. i tap my foot lightly on the floor, feeling stressed out about nothing – literally nothing.

the door opened and jack peaks through before walking in, "they left, samuel drove them to some froyo shop, i think." jack says as he scratches the back of his neck. "what's up?" he asks and i shrug before laying back on the soft bed.

jack lays beside me and we both look at the ceiling.

"i know," he mumbles and my head turns to face him, wondering what he was about to say. "i get it, i completely get it," he shrugs his shoulders and continues to stare at the ceiling. "you're in love again, i don't know with who – but you are." 

"sammy told me about how you were frustrated in the car, and how you guys passed by starbucks. i noticed how vanessa and jay were talking non-stop since they hopped off the car and how you just walked in before them." jack sat up, finally turning to me and lets out a chuckle, "i know you saw shawn, and i know that something happened–"

"jack, stop," i sighed, cutting him from finishing his sentence, "i don't get what you're saying."

"i'm saying that you're frustrated because your best girl friend and your ex-boyfriend have been together the whole day. i'm saying that you're frustrated because when you saw shawn, you saw or did something you didn't expect. i'm saying–" jack looks at me with his eyebrows knit together and his voice was low.

 "iris, you're jealous."

and that was when i did something i never thought i would do.

something i do not regret.

-

shawn mendes

"why do you like plain froyo? i don't get it." gabriella looked between both my frozen yogurt and me. looking at hers, it was filled with berries and a few chunks of chocolate but a lot of berries. i do love berries and chocolate but i was trying to go light on the food like this.

"i want to be extra healthy, i guess," i shrug my shoulders as i slid in the leather seats of the booth, mimicking gabriella's actions. the bell rung, signaling that someone walked through the doors and i slowly eat my froyo while watching this couple walk in the shop. the guy's hands we're on the girls waist and the girl seemed very uncomfortable about it.

"i like her cap," gabriella tells me and i turn to see the girl with the cap on. the black cap with a nike logo in white. "you know them?" gabriella asks before taking a bite of her berry-filled frozen yogurt. 

i shrug my shoulders, "they look pretty familiar but i don't know." i mutter and gabriella nods as a response. the guy suddenly leans in to peck the girls lips and i quickly turn to gabriella, to find her doing the exact same thing.

"oh shit," i mumble and small giggles left her lips. i turn back to the couple and the girl turned to me. "vanessa?" my eyebrows stitched together as she turns her whole body to me, smiling before walking up to me while i stand up. 

she waves shyly and gives me a small hug before stepping back, "hey, i'm vanessa," she says to gabriella and brings a hand out for her to shake.

"i'm gabriella, it's so nice to meet you!" gabriella says happily and shakes her hand, "i like your cap," she compliments vanessa and vanessa smiles at me.

"and i like you. a lot." 

"hey, vanessa, let's go." the guy walked up to vanessa and stands beside her and i recognize his face. 

i watch him tug on vanessa's sleeve, giving her a signal for them to leave and she waves at us before walking away. "who was that guy? he seems really familiar but i don't think i know him," gabriella chortles, making me scoff.

"that was jay, iris' ex-boyfriend."

-------

word count:1105

i hope you guys enjoyed chapter eleven :-) 

im so sorry for republishing a bunch chapters and shit but i'm trying to make all my books good for my readers.

i love you guys so much

20 votes and 10 comments for the next update!

love you a lot ♡

-julia

(ikwydls was pretty alright,

what did you guys think of it?)