nine

shawn mendes
7:00am

i walk out of the back doors at my job and head to the counter while tying the green apron around my waist.

last night was rough, turns out that jack brought jay and sam over to iris' place and all that went down was a boring talk outside while i waited in the kitchen, drinking my milk.

i like milk.

but anyways - iris told them to leave after a 15 minute conversation outside and left me in the kitchen while she stomped her way to her room and slamming the door. for another 5 minutes, i spent time waiting outside of her room and she opened the door telling me to come in.

"i'm sorry i left you in the kitchen." she first says and squeezes me in a hug. she explained how she's going to spend 4 days with vanessa and a whole week at this lake for her two-week semester break. which means i won't be seeing her. at all.

i got home by 3AM and stayed up doing nothing but now i'm here, in starbucks. at 7 in the morning. i'm gonna be alone for two weeks and that's all i can think of.

letting out a groan, i rest my cheek on the palm of my hand as i lean over the counter.

"shawn!" my body snaps up and i come face to face with kelly, my manager.

"sorry, i-no i just- i'm sorry." i sigh and run my fingers through my hair and try to regain myself.

"drink this, sit down and rest." is all she says before handing me a cup of coffee in a black mug. i just nod and sit down on one of the tables out in front of the counter. "cap and apron off, work in 30 minutes," she demands and puts her hand out for me to hand her my apron and cap.

"thanks kelly," i give a small smile before taking small sips of the hot coffee. my hands wrapped around the warm mug and i see a bunch of people rushing to their work and some going on early walks on the side walk.

my eyes trailed to a girl casually walking with something held in her hands. a green puffy jacket laid over a shirt with words i can't read. my thoughts were interrupted and body shot up when the workers greeted "good morning" to the new customer.

"you okay shawn?" kelly asks, referring to my jump.

"yeah, sorry i zoned out." she chortled before going back to whatever she was doing. i play with my mug and start trying to think of things to do without iris which would be pretty hard. i drink everything left in the mug and stand up to return it. i still had 25 minutes and i could probably chill a little more.

i sat down on the usual table and look around the place. kelly was sitting down, probably doing some papers and the others were serving by the counter. i let out a breath and place my arms on the table, playing with my fingers.

"hey, do you mind if i sit here?" i look up and see the girl from minutes ago.

i shake my head, "no, i don't mind," i send her a smile and she shoots a cute one back.

there was something about her that made me feel like i know her, but i don't know what. she places a black notebook on the side and her hot drink was held in her hands for warmth. it was pretty cold. "i'm gabriella," she giggles, "but you might know my friend alicia, i was with her that one time." she trails off and i chuckle slightly.

"yeah i remember you," i see her cheeks change to a light red and she takes another sip of her drink. she carefully placed the cup down and looked at me. "oh and i'm shawn," i smile and our eyes met for a second making her cheeks turn to a darker shade of red.

"yeah, i know." she giggles and covers her red cheeks with her hands.

-

15 minutes already passed and gabriella and i learned so much about each other; it actually got iris out of my mind. she still sat in front of me, writing on her notebook while i watched what she wrote. she was an amazing writer and i liked that about her.

"hey, i think i should go," she said as she shut her notebook, snapping me from my thoughts.

"i should go too," i chuckle before standing up, her following my actions. i give her a hug before heading to the back to get ready to work.

i hummed a tune of a song but something hit me.

do i like her?

-
word count:841
25 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter!!

pls dont kill me

but hi guys

comment here if you would watch me on younow because im bored

but anyways

I CHANGED MY NAME!!! i used to be nugatory but now i am crazyfeeling- which im happy about so yeah hello