five

shawn mendes

1:53pm

"i'm telling you, the water is reflecting the colors of the sky!" she argued and i chuckled.

"how did oreos turn into the color of water?" i asked with my eyebrows furrowed and my lips curved up in a smile, "but weren't we talking about why leaves are green?" i looked at her.

she let out a laugh before saying her signature line towards me, "you are such an idiot."

i notice her cheeks turn to a light shade of red and her dimple by her left cheek show. we were walking back to the parking lot after watching a movie in the mall. "but that part was just to cool! i can't believe that movie turned out that good, i wasn't really expecting it to." iris says as she continues to ramble about the movie.

"i'm talking too much, aren't i?" she looks up at me while slightly chewing on the side of her lip.

"no you aren't. you're just happy and you know i love it when you're happy." a smile forms on her face and a light shade of red creeps on her cheeks.

she looks down at her feet as we continue to walk in a comfortable silence. her hand holds my wrist lightly and we continue to walk. "you know you're an amazing person right?" iris says out loud and i look down at her.

"what do you mean?" i smile and look at her small hand wrapped around my wrist.

"i'm saying you're an amazing person. you're so sweet and there has never been a day where you haven't made me smile. any girl would be so lucky to have you." my heart pinches slightly but her eyes looked up to me and the dimple on her cheek makes my face fill with heat.

"well you're a person i wouldn't want to let down. you're my sunshine and you know that." i threw my arm around her shoulder and she snuggles up closer to me as we continue our long walk to the mall. now i begin to wonder why my jeep had to be so far.

iris stopped walking and got her phone out of her back pocket and immediately sliding the lock screen and reading a message. she let out a sigh and locks her phone before sliding it back in her pocket.

"what's up?" i asked referring to the sigh she let out. the smile on her face faded but it was still there.

"jack wants me back already." her smile faded slightly once our eyes met.

i stuffed my hands in my pockets and shrugged. "that's okay, i could drop you of if you really need to be there."

"i really want to stay with you tho. jack's been moody lately and it would be great if i could have some time away from him." she smiled.

"well..." i smirked playfully. "we can head to my house and hang out more." i shrugged and she nodded with a smile on her face and she grabbed my hand before walking in front of me.

we hopped in my car and started the engine before driving out of the parking lot and driving to my house. our drive there was calm and quiet. there were a couple times when i catch iris staring at me and i would glance at her before she looks away and giggle. the music played softly and i feel a pair of eyes glue on the side of my face again.

"cute." iris mumbles and i give her a look before looking straight at the road again.

"what?"

"nothing." she said in a happy tone and looked away again. i could see from the corner of my eye that she has her temple resting on the palm of her hand with her elbow on the car door. she was chewing on her bottom lip with the corners of her mouth tugged upwards. "stop staring and drive." she giggles and i look straight ahead again.

"i can't help it."

---

word count: 674