three

iris valentine

3:32pm

"pumpkin spiced latte for iris." shawn said loudly while looking at me, waiting for me to stand up. I walked over to him and checked the cup before looking at him.

"oh sorry, i don't think this is mine. it has 'to the most beautiful girl i'll see today', not iris." a smile formed on my face as i remember what he wrote last time. my stomach erupted with butterflies when i saw his cheeks turn slightly red and a smirk formed on his face.

"actually, this time i put 'to the most beautiful girl i have ever seen.' instead of the old one." he smirked and leaned over the counter slightly.

"is this how you flirt with you're customers?"

he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand and he shook his head. "i'm not good with flirting, at all." i shook my head and got a napkin from the box beside him and reached to get the marker that was near his name tag.

i wrote my number on the piece of tissue or whatever and slipped it towards him. he was about to say something, until a girl, maybe another barista, tapped on his shoulder. "get back to work." she said sternly and i waved to him before grabbing my drink and walking towards jack.

-

"you gave the digits? NO WAY." i nodded and leaned back on the comfy seats of his jeep.

he freaked out once i told him about what happened with shawn and couldn't believe i just gave him my number like that. i was always "hard to get".

"you're crazy, iris." i laughed at how he's so shocked. it took him three months to get my number and two months for him to realize we should be just friends while for shawn, it only took 9 words.

he parked into my driveway and i hopped out of the car and he followed my actions. "i'm not leaving you alone here." he shrugged and we both walked in the front door.

he walked straight into my kitchen while i walked upstairs. i changed into cozy sweats and an oversized sweatshirt that i stole from jack. a couple minutes later, he bursted in the door with bags of chips and soda. "nice shirt." he complimented and i shrugged.

-

9:10pm

i kicked jack out once he fell asleep so i can do my homework. i stared at my papers, wishing it could magically have answers but i'm not a witch, but i sure am a bitch.

my phone vibrated for the first time in hours, making me jump. i unlocked my phone and yay a text from a stranger came through.

unknown number: hEY

i stared at my phone, confused. why the hell would someone text me first? is there something happening or is this a joke?

unknown number: iris did you die or?

i jumped up from my bed and stared at my phone.

wHO IS THIS?

unknown number: its shawn btw

unknown number: the starbucks guy?? haha

i sighed before replying back

iris: hey

and that was the lame start to our friendship.

-----
IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A WHILE AND FOR THIS SHITTY CHAPTER. IVE BEEN SO BUSY LATELY AND I HAVE SO MAY THINGS TO DO SO IM PROBABLY GONNA BE HAVING REALLY SLOW UPDATES FOR A COUPLE MORE WEEKS.

LOVE U SM