fourteen

iris valentine

*weeks earlier*

-

"iris, you're jealous." 

jack says and my hand swings to his face, slapping his right cheek. the smack was heard throughout the whole room and jack remains still and continues to look at me as if he wasn't hurt.

"i deserved that," he lets out an airy chuckle and looked around the room to avoid my eyes. "i'm sorry, i know that wasn't nice of me but it's true. even if you don't like thinking that you're jealous.." he trails off as if he's about to say something else but instead keeps his mouth shut. 

it was true. i was jealous and i absolutely hate it.  something about seeing him with another girl hurt me but i keep denying it.

"just calm down. i'll be here for you and maybe i can help you make him jealous too." jack chuckles while shrugging his shoulders, giving me suggestions. 

"why did you think of that?" 

"i watched a movie on it but it ended with them falling in love while they were in that fake relationship, it sounds weird but it's not like we're actually gonna fall in love," he says as blood rushed to his face. he just admitted he watched some romantic film and once i realized, i laughed. "hey, it was a nice movie. you also know that i can never do relationships but we always flirt and we're still 'bffs' so we can handle it."

he put his hand up and air-quoted 'bffs' and chuckled afterwards. what he said was a pretty good idea and he was right, we do flirt a lot sometimes but we just have to do it in front of shawn. "yeah, okay so...i'll just have to think about it for a while then i'll call you." i nodded before standing up and making my way to the door. 

i skipped down the stairs with a lot on my mind and as if on cue, the door opens and jay, samuel and vanessa step in. "heyo, we got froyo!" jay says with an empty froyo cup in his hand with his other arm around vanessa's waist. for some reason all the frustration that just left me, found it's way back to me. 

i hate this.

i nod my head, "that's great.." i say blankly. i pull samuel's wrist and take him with me as i walk out the door, not minding vanessa or jay. the door closes shut behind me as i continue to walk to jack's jeep with samuel follows my steps. "take me home," i mumble. he nods his head and unlocks the doors and he drives me home.

--

*present*

fuck, oh fuck, fuck me, fuck him, holy fuck.

i think to myself as i get in my car. i take deep breaths as i start my car and make my way to jack's place. that was a mess, that was horrible. once i get there, i text jack that i'm outside and wait by his porch for the door to open. 

after a few seconds, the door opens and i see jack standing without a shirt on. hm, normal. "hey, what's up?" he opens the door wider to let me in and i make my way to his room – as usual, and plop on his bed, waiting for him to catch up. jack walks in and sighs before sitting on the edge of the bed, right beside my legs. 

"jack?" i mumble as i still remain on my back on the bed. he hums back as a response and i feel the bed move as he shifts to face me. "we need to stop this thing, whatever it is," i say and sigh. 

"what happened?" he asks and i can tell that his eyebrows raised as i said that. 

"i like him. i like him a lot, and i think i did something wrong," i sigh again. 

"stop thinking like that, i don't like seeing you like this," jack lays beside me, making my head turn to him. his face was close...really close. "you overthink and it makes you sad, i really don't like seeing you sad."

for some reason, my eyes flicker from his eyes to his lips and back up. he does the same and i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding. i press my lips into a thin line before sitting back up and running my fingers through my hair. "i'm sorry," i apologize to jack who stays in the same position but he's looking at the ceiling. 

i get up without another word and walk straight out of his house. 

---

word count: 769 

:) 

i kno its pretty weird.. lol but if you dont get it, jack and iris basically pretended to date just so iris could make shawn jealous but it wasnt working out so she stopped n yeaaah ! its a weird chapter but comment for the next one :)

i love u all