my-log: birthday

I MAKE UP WITH ALL OF THE GUYS, and everything goes back to normal

I MAKE UP WITH ALL OF THE GUYS, and everything goes back to normal. I survive another week at HYBE, working with ENHYPEN and such, and I get to visit Geun more often now that I have my schedule figured out.

Today marks my first month at HYBE. And also...my 18th birthday.

I haven't told anyone it's my birthday. And I don't plan on it. Of course Sejin Sir knows, but he's most likely the only person aware.

For my birthday, I decide to spend my day off at the hospital with Geun. I'm greeted by doctors and nurses wishing me a great birthday, a fulfilling adulthood, and they even gift me—

"Geun?? Why are your doctors giving me money!?" I burst through his door, holding up about 10 envelops filled with cash.

He's sitting by the window and reading a book. He turns to me with sparkling eyes and a beautiful smile. "Happy 18th Big Sis!!"

"Geeeeeuuunnn???" I scold.

"Okay! Okay! I might've mentioned that it was your birthday with the intent to make the doctors give you gifts!! I wanted you to get stuff!!!" He whines, which makes me sigh. 

I pinch the bridge of my nose as I toss the envelopes on his bed and walk over to him. "You sly brat. You know I hate when people get me things." I say angrily in a playful way, messing up his hair as punishment.

"Hey!!" He pouts, fixing his hair frantically. He hates when his hair gets messy. "But you always do things for others, and it's your 18th! You deserve all the good stuff people are getting you!!!"

I can hear how desperate his voice is to convince me to keep the presents, so I give up and forgive him. I sit down in the chair across from him, smiling. "Fine. But you better not manipulate the doctors to get you a bunch of gifts for your birthday."

"I can't promise that!" He winks.

That's when I notice Geun looks a lot paler than normal. He's even...skinnier. I hadn't seen him in about a week before today, so the last time I saw him he looked a lot healthier. His eyes appear to be more dull. I can see his blue-green veins in his hands and arms, and he's hooked up to a portable oxygen tank. Well, he's always on oxygen, but...

"Oh! I have something for you." He stands up...using the arm of the chair to help him....He's never had to do that before.

He carries the oxygen tank with him as he walks to his drawer, opening it and taking out a small white gift bag with black tissue paper. My brows raise as I watch him return to his chair with an excited gleam. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!! Happy birthday dear y/nnnnnnn, happy birthday to you!!!" He sings softly as he sits down. He hands me the bag.

I take it and place it in my lap. I glance down at the bag, then back at Geun. ...He's never gotten me anything for my birthday before, besides something he's drawn or painted with a handwritten letter. Of course I never expected more, because I love his art pieces. Yet, he looks so happy and innocent to get me a "real" present.