The dog thinks you're in a bit of a hurry (J.P)

{start}

You brushed his curls to the side out of his face only for them to return to the same place.

"You love my hair don't you?" James asked nuzzling his head closer to the palm of your hand.

You thought about the question for a split second before answering, "Of course. But I love you more.".

James didn't respond and remained quiet.

You cringed are yourself. This definitely happened too fast, I mean he obviously wasn't going to tell you he loved you all of a sudden!

You pulled your hand away as if his cheek shocked you and moved to leave the room out of embarrassment.

James snapped out of his trance and noticed you stand up from the sofa, "Wait. Y/N-.".

"I think I'll go.", your face cringed immediately thinking back at the weird moment.

You did love him but now you regretted saying it out loud now.

James finally stood up from his seat and hopped across the couch to meet you at the common room exit.

"Don't leave. You didn't even give me a chance to say something.". "I don't know if you should James. It's very sudden I get it. I'm sorry hah." you chuckled nervously trying to still your heartbeat.

"Darling. Did you actually think for a second that I didn't love you?" James spoke revealing a look of hurt on his face due to your uncertainty. "I literally can't stop thinking about us getting married and having a house in-".

That's when James stopped abruptly.

He blabbered too much.

Your eyes widened as you started laughing.

"God we both need help." you whispered in between your laughter relieving the boy.

You moved towards the sofa once again and pulled him down on the seat with you, "Now the question is where exactly do you want the wedding and when?".

James grinned fixing his glasses.

He then cleared his throat determinedly and kneeled down in-front of you trying to make the situation as serious as possible.

As if it were magic he summoned a chocolate ring in a second in the palm of his hands and looked deeply into your eyes, "My dearest Y/N. Will you do me the honour and be my lovely wife?".

You blushed furiously slipping on the ring by yourself on your ring finger and kissing James on his lips immediately.

When you both pulled out of each others sweet embrace you realized the ring was gone and instead your finger was left with a wet slobber.

"James where the hell did my ring go?".

James smiled nervously as he then realized something.

He waved something over from the side of the room cautiously near the sofa only to reveal a large black dog walking towards you.

And of course at this point you couldn't even be surprised anymore.

"Love, I'd like you to meet one of my dearest friends...".

{end}