She fell first but he fell harder. (S.B)

--this is over 2500 words, sorry for the wait on the update--

{start}

"That's so bold of you!"

"There's truly no other girl like you Y/N!"

"You're so unique, I love it."

"My friend told me some girl wore some pants and sneakers to prom? I didn't know it was you. But you look great, ugh I love it!"

And these "compliments" went all the entire night, the weird looks frequent too.

I should have focused more on the more positive side of the comments. I had to be confident after all wearing a suit was my choice.

But I couldn't anymore.

I thought I looked brilliant and frankly I still did, especially for shopping last minute.

But the fact of the matter was that here I was sitting on the bathroom counter top in the 4th floor, while the Ball continued on the Ground floor.

I didn't feel like crying but I did feel shit.

And my pep talks for the last half an hour to the mirror were pretty much useless at this point.

Your friends thought you were having a gala time and you didn't want to upset their night by telling them about your insecurities.

Only you knew how shit you felt.

It was embarrassing really. How you were so jealous of how good others looked in their long dresses with fancy hairstyles compared to your casual one.

You knew the suit wasn't that big of a deal.

Comments would be there regardless of what you were wearing.

It was more of a you issue.

Sirius had gone with some other girl to prom.

Not just some other girl but the prettiest one in the year. You weren't entitled to him being your date and you knew that. But you always thought one way or another he would ask you if he really wanted to.

But he didn't. Not at breakfast. Not when you both pranked the professors last weekend with James. Not when you walked together by the lake on Friday. It all felt disappointing.

"And what are you doing here?" a voice echoed from the entrance of the girls bathroom.

Your head snapped up from fiddling with your laces on your shoes to the door.

Sirius Black. Of course he would show up.

"What are you doing?" you asked back.

"I asked first love." he grinned walking closer to your seat.

Just trying to keep my spirit alive for 3 more hours and then forgetting this night ever happened that's all!

"Head hurts. So you know." you lied giving a false excuse.

Sirius noticed your voice trail off towards the end, "Oh is it? What did you drink?", almost as he was onto your lies.

You raised an eyebrow in confusion, "I'm alright as you can see love so go back to the party.".

Sirius ignored your last statement and walked towards the Pad dispenser grabbing one to put in his pocket.

"She got her period?" you asked concerned.

"Yup, it's cool though. All the other floors ran out so I came here."

You nodded your head awkwardly.