Quidditch Quarrels (J.P)

{start}

"Look I'm sorry but I'm not interested in you like that Vik. Don't get me wrong you're a great captain but-"

Vik cut you off and spoke with a sigh, "Y/N it's okay I get it. You have your eyes on someone else.".

You pressed your lips, turning your head around the Great Hall hoping James wouldn't hear you both speak.

"Is it that obvious?" you questioned quietly.

James was your best friend and your chaser partner in Qudditch.

Most of all he was the sweetest and most loving boy you had ever met.

It was hard not to fall for the Potter.

Vik scratched his head, "Anyone with two eyes can see it. Nevermind that I'll keep things professional as the Captain. I was going to let you find out yourself next year but I'll congratulate you now itself."

You raised your eyebrows. You knew it was Vik's last year but you couldn't believe what he was going to say.

"You're the new Gryffindor House Captain. Your rigorous practice and skills have shown me you have got what it takes to be a leader of the team. I hope you win many games for Gryffindor Y/N." he continued proudly.

He smiled and chuckled at your doubtful face, "Don't worry I'm not doing this because of my feelings for you and it's already official so your rejection won't change anything.".

You grinned widely hugging Vik tightly, "Thank you so so much. I honestly can't wait to get started."

He hugged you back and got his backpack on, "Well I'm off, my friends are waiting for me. A piece of advice, talk to your boyfriend before he makes a misunderstanding about us.".

And with that your captain was gone leaving you puzzled about who this boyfriend was.

•••

"If you're not eating that piece of toast I may as well Prongs-". Sirius reached out for the buttered piece of toast on the plate but his hand was quickly slapped away by Remus's who shook his head.

Remus turned towards James putting down his book, "Prongs what's wrong? Are you sick? You've been sulking all morning. You haven't even eaten your protein bread. Protein Prongs? Helps build muscles?"

Sirius smiled, "Moony this isn't a sickness. It's the unmistakable feeling of heartbreak.".

James finally lifted his head resting his head on Remus's shoulder, "Fuck off. I'm not heartbroken. Never fell in love in the first place.".

Remus rolled his eyes, "Language."

Sirius brushed a stray curl away from James's face, "It's Y/N isn't it. She likes you James. Hell I bet she even loves you. You're perfect together like Romeo and Juliet.".

Remus pursed his lips, "You do know how that story ends right Pads?".

James finally laughed and drank a sip of freshly squeezed orange juice, "Pretty sure it's a tragic ending Pads. If you must know then it's her alright. Y/N."

James groaned in frustration trying to not burst out a fit at his friends, "Y/N who's now going out with Vik the fucking Quidditch captain. I saw her last night hugging him and smiling all happily like she hit jackpot."