Exam stress is a huge mess (R.L)

{start}

"They mean well my darling." Remus reassured pulling me into a warm embrace.

He was talking about the letter my parents had sent me the day before my N.E.W.T's.

I gripped the paper tightly in my fist trying to forget the now tear stained content which they had written which regardless still remained in my mind.

"Rem." I sighed not knowing how to continue.

He stopped hugging me and wiped my wet cheek, trying his best to make me look at him.

After a while I gave in and stared into his brown eyes.

Whoever said brown eyes were boring hadn't met Remus Lupin's eyes.

I would quite literally do anything just to be able to stare into his eyes for the rest of my life, but for now I'd accept these few heavenly minutes.

"Okay perhaps I should let it go..." I slowly answered looking for his nod of encouragement which he gave shortly.

"Atta girl.".

I bit my lip trying to control my urge to tell him to call me that again.

This night was definitely taking a different turn than I expected.

"Who cares what they say? You're fucking amazing in everything you do. Exams? You'll fucking ace them and prove your parents wrong. Just know love, I'll always support you. And quite frankly you're the most talented person I've ever met, forget N.E.W.Ts. I'm not lying when I say I know you'll do something great in the world.".

Thank you God for Remus Lupin. He was the sweetest boy I had ever met.

And I was starting to feel way more confident then I did before. Hell yea. I could do this.

I started smiling and pushed my hand into his hair letting my fingers play with it like I usually liked, him reluctantly giving in.

I smiled when he met my eyes again.

"Yes?".

He snapped out of his trance of staring at my face and looked away shyly.

"Remus. What were you thinking about?".

He shook his head firmly.

"Tell me."

"It's nothing."

"Tell. Me."

"No. I refuse."

Suddenly I pushed his body further into the sofa in the common room and straddled his lap.

"I won't let you leave till you tell me." I announced to the rest of the empty room.

"It's 11:30 in the night. We need to sleep before the exam tomorrow." he tried to convince me.

"Wow Lupin. Didn't take you to be such a baby.".

He quirked an eyebrow in shock and amusement.

I slowly dipped closer to his left ear, my arms wrapped around his neck while my hair fell on his face and mine.

It was embarrassing for a second but he tucked it quickly behind my ear prompting me to continue.

"Love." I mimicked.

"If you don't tell me what you were thinking in the next 3 seconds I'll do something you may or may not like.".

Remus remained unfazed by my comment, "Let me make it easier for you love.". The words rolling off his tongue in anticipation.

"3,"

"2"

"and 1."

Here goes nothing.

{end]