Chapter One

"Non ho tempo per occuparmene adesso!" ("I don't have time to deal with this now!") Stefania yelled into her phone from the back of her chauffeur driven limousine. She looked up and caught the gaze of Marco, her driver. He gave her a subtle nod and flicked the switch that would allow the sound proof glass partition to rise up sealing the back of the car from the front.

She took a deep breath returning to the phone call... "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled" the Italian spoke calmly even though she didn't have the energy to keep having the same conversation over and over again. "I really don't have time though, I'm only 5 minutes from the airfield and the jet will be ready and waiting for me" she continued.

"We need to talk about this though Stefania" the voice on the other end started. "You always do this, you breeze into town every few weeks, spend your nights in my bed and then you up and leave without saying goodbye."

Stefania could feel herself getting annoyed by this. Sure, she liked Jess, she was a nice enough girl but Stefania wasn't in the market for a girlfriend. "Jess, please don't do this, you know how I feel about being trapped into a relationship. I'll be back in a few weeks, we can discuss it then." "Don't bother Stefania, I'm done!" With that, Jess hung up the call. Stefania let out a deep sigh. That's not how she wanted the conversation to go but she really didn't have time for it this morning.

She took another breath and then pressed the intercom asking Marco to lower the screen again. Once it was down she asked him how long it would be until they reached her jet. "5 minutes Ms S." He replied with a flash of his big smile that never failed to relax her. "Thank you Marco" she replied returning his smile. "Are the others already there?" "Yes Ma'am - Caterina and Chandra are already on board. Jason and Kevin are meeting you there." "Thank you Marco. I do wish you were coming with us too though, I get so anxious when I don't have my team round me." "I do too Ms S but you know Sam would have a fit if I missed the birth of my first child" he laughed.

5 minutes later the Jag pulled up at the base of the jet steps. Marco opened the door for Stefania and she hopped out. She climbed the blue carpeted stairs and was about to enter the jet when she suddenly turned round to shout to Marco. "Hey Marco, I expect to get a phone call the second the bambino makes an appearance in this world" He gave her a big grin and a thumbs up and with that he drove off.

Stefania took a deep breath. She was anxious for the trip ahead but she knew she'd be OK with her team round her. She stepped through the door of the jet and was greeted by an unfamiliar face. "Who are you?!"