Chapter Fifty Five

"Ok come on then, the night awaits." Danielle said taking the taller woman by the hand and guiding her towards the door.

They left the hotel and started to walk down Princes Street hand in hand. "So where are we going now Bambina?" The Italian asked as she skimmed the blonde's knuckle with her thumb. "We're going to one of my favourite places in the city" Danielle smiled. They continued their walk taking a left on Frederick Street and then turned right on George Street. They came to a stop outside an old building with stairs and 6 extravagant stone pillars at the entrance. "This is our stop Baby. Come on" Danielle smiled as she led the brunette up the stairs. They were met inside the door by the concierge and after checking their booking, he escorted the two women to their table. "Danielle, this place is beautiful" Stefania smiled as she took in her surroundings. "So elegant!" "Well an elegant lady deserves an elegant place to dine in" Danielle whispered as she leant forward placing a gentle kiss on her girlfriend's soft lips. "We can eat and then head through to the dome room for cocktails if you want?" "Oh Si Bella, I've not had cocktails for a while" Stefania grinned.

They enjoyed light conversation and soon enough the waiter was bringing them their starters. Danielle choosing to go with Black Pudding and Haggis Bon Bons. Stefania opting for Spiced Sweet Potato Cakes. Not long after, their main courses followed. Stefania deciding on the Seafood Risotto and Danielle going for Pan Roasted Sea Bream Fillets. Finally deciding on sharing the Homemade Espresso Martini Cheesecake as dessert. "Shall we move to the front bar for those cocktails now Baby?" Danielle asked, tracing her foot up the inside of Stefania's leg. "Bambina, più di tutto questo e l'unico posto in cui andremo sarà il bagno" Stefania smirked. "Oh... as much as I would love that, I will behave. This is a night for romance, not nasty bathroom sex" the blonde laughed. "Come on beautiful, let's go" she smiled as she held out her hand. They moved rooms and found a couple of seats at the circular bar. "Good evening, what can I get you?" The young handsome barman asked as he flashed Danielle a big smile, barely noticing the brunette sat beside her. The moment not being lost on the blonde who felt the brunette tense beside her. "Oh could WE get a look at the cocktail menu please?" She asked looking to the Italian with a tight lipped smile. "Sure, here you go" he grinned handing over one copy of the menu causing Stefania to roll her eyes.

"Oh, I think I'm going to try that Old Fashioned Scotsman" Danielle said as she handed Stefania the menu. "I don't even need to look at this Bambina, it'll be an Espresso Martini for me please" she smiled placing her hand on Danielle's thigh. "Ha, you and your coffee... I should have guessed" laughed the blonde giving her a kiss. Just then the barman came back interrupting them which irritated Stefania. "So, what can I get you then?" He once again directed the flash of his smile to Danielle. "Oh, we'd like an Old Fashioned Scotsman and an Espresso Martini please" Stefania answered before Danielle had even opened her mouth. "Coming right up" he winked but still smiled at Danielle causing the brunette's eyebrows to draw together in a frown. "Ok, let's just drink these and go shall we?" Danielle asked, a little hint of annoyance in her voice. "I'm not prepared to sit here and let your crazy jealousness ruin the night. I still have one or two surprises and I'd rather see you smile than frown" she sighed, rubbing Stefania's knee. "I'm sorry Bambina, I don't mean to be jealous but I can't stand seeing people undressing you with their eyes. That's my job - no one else's!" She pouted. "Stefania, I can't help how people look at me and I will always be polite and friendly towards others until they do something to prove me wrong. But, every man, woman and child from here to the ends of the earth could flirt with me and flash a pretty smile... there's only one smile that can capture my heart though and it's the one attached to the face looking back at me right now. Now come on, drink up and let's get out of here" Danielle smiled, giving her girlfriend another quick kiss.