Chapter Three

"Perché sono cosi" Stefania sighed.

A few minutes later the plane started it's descent into the private jet airfield of Seattle-Tacoma International airport.

The 3 women fastened their seatbelts and waited for the flight to touch down and come to a stop.

"And we've arrived" Danielle's voice was heard over the speakers. "If you make your way down to the car waiting on the tarmac, I will join you with your luggage in just a few minutes."

The 3 women descended the stairs to see Kevin and Jason waiting on them with grins on their faces and fresh coffee in their hands. Jason handed Chandra and Stefania a cup each then turned around scooping Chandra in to a big hug that almost lifted her off her feet. "JASON" Chandra squealed. "Not in front of Ms Spampinato". Jason grinned and turned to Stefania, "I'm sorry Boss, I'm just excited about being back here, celebrating our wedding anniversary in the city where I married this incredible woman."

"That's OK Jason, no need to apologise. I love how in love with each other you are. In fact, I'm giving you all tonight off to celebrate with dinner at Bar Cantinetta - on me of course." "WHAT?!"  Chandra gasped. "How did you manage that? The waiting list is a month long!" "Ah well, the owner is an old friend of mine from back home and so I may have pulled a few strings" Stefania smirked. "I actually booked it for 5 people but with Bruno not being here, I guess there's no need for 5 now."

"AH, about that..." Caterina started to say but she was interrupted by Danielle arriving with the luggage trolley. 

"Alright everyone, here we go. Would someone give me a hand to get all of this loaded and we can get going?" Danielle smiled at the group. Kevin gave her a smile back and then helped to load the luggage into the car. "OK, so shall we get going then?" The blonde asked.

Stefania was confused by this and her face showed it. "Excuse me Danielle, but why would you be coming with us?" "Yeah that tracks", the blonde rolled her eyes. "Listen Stefania, I really don't know what your problem is but you better get over it real quick!" 

Before Stefania had a chance to respond, Kevin jumped in "OK, we should get going. Danielle, you can ride up front with me and the others can jump in the back with the Boss."

They all climbed into the Lincoln and made their way to the Four Seasons where they'd be staying for the next 4 days. The atmosphere in the car was a little tense with no one speaking on the 20 minute journey. All you could hear was the clicking of the keys on Stefania's laptop as she focussed her attention on replying to emails. She only occasionally lifted her gaze to glance at the back of the blonde's head. There was something about her getting under Stefania's skin but she wasn't sure what it was. 

They soon arrived at the hotel entrance and made their way to the lobby. Kevin handed the car keys to a valet who said he'd park the car and bring the luggage in for them.

Stefania made her way over to the front desk and checked in. They had 3 rooms to share between them. This was a problem though, Chandra and Jason were in one room, Stefania and Caterina were in another and that left Kevin who was supposed to be sharing with Bruno. 

"Em... Stef, would you mind if I shared with Kevin now that Bruno isn't here?" Caterina asked shyly. "You know, we've been getting closer lately and it would be nice to spend some time here together. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to expect Danielle to share with a man she doesn't know."

"Ugh" Stefania let out a frustrated sigh but she agreed.

Caterina could barely contain her excitement. The 2 couples agreed to meet down in the bar for cocktails before heading for dinner. "Danielle, I hope you'll be joining us for dinner tonight? I mean you are Bruno's replacement after all." Jason asked with a wink and flash of his gorgeous smile. "How could I say no?" Danielle returned the smile.

"Ah yes, about that... Chandra, Caterina - in here now" Stefania ordered walking into her room slamming the door behind them.

"Jeez, what is her problem?" Danielle asked the boys with a hint of frustration lacing her voice. The 2 guys looked at each other before Jason spoke. "She uh.." "Yeah, yeah, she doesn't cope well with change" Danielle cut him off. "I already had that excuse from Caterina on the plane." "We're sorry Danielle", Kevin added. "She'll come round, I promise. You've just got to give her time. You won't regret it."

Meanwhile in Stefania's room...

"OK you two - spill. What's going on with Bruno and why isn't he here?" Stefania demanded. Caterina and Chandra looked to each other and then back to their boss. "Well, I need you to stay calm when I tell you this" Chandra started. "Because, you're not going to like it", she continued.