Chapter Thirteen

She tore herself away from the door and made her way out of the hotel.

Danielle returned to the room over an hour later. She was physically exhausted and was dripping with sweat. She had run until her legs couldn't run anymore. Her muscles ached, her head was pounding and she felt like she could throw up. Thankfully Stefania was still at her meeting. Danielle was trying really hard to forget what she had heard Stefania say earlier. Just then she received a text from Andrew confirming the location of the restaurant for tonight. Turns out it's only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Danielle checked the time it was only 5:35pm. She still had over 90 minutes until she'd need to leave so she decided to have a nice long soak in the bath. Lying in the soothing hot water and bubbles, Danielle could feel her muscles starting to relax again. She felt herself drifting off to sleep.

She woke up again about 20 minutes later with someone banging on the door. "Danielle are you in there?" She heard the Italian asking. "Uh, Yeah, I'm just in the bath. I'll be out in a few minutes." Danielle stood up letting the water out the bath and hopping in to the shower instead to wash her hair. She finished up and grabbed a big white fluffy towel to wrap herself in. She left the bathroom and instantly felt Stefania's eyes on her.

Stefania couldn't tear her eyes away from Danielle. Her wet hair falling perfectly onto her shoulders. Droplets of water running down her chest disappearing in the valley between her breasts. The muscles in her arms and legs coming alive with every move. Danielle turned round to pick up her hairbrush from the dresser showing off how beautifully sculpted her back and shoulder blades are. Stefania subconsciously licked her lips and let herself imagine what it would be like to stand behind Danielle. She fantasised about kissing her way up between those shoulder blades, all the way up her neck to that sweet pulse point below her jaw. She wondered how her skin tasted, how her hair would smell, what a moan would sound like as it escaped those beautiful beautiful lips of hers. 

Danielle turned round to see Stefania staring at her, eyes dark with lust and her bottom lip being pulled between her teeth. "See something you like, do you?" Danielle asked with a wink. Stefania blinked quickly, embarrassed that Danielle had caught her staring. "Ah.. I... I'm going for a shower" Stefania mumbled as she hurried into the bathroom locking the door behind her. Danielle let out a small chuckle enjoying the power she held over the brunette. She checked the time and it was now 6:15pm. She got changed into her outfit for dinner. She had opted for a pair of black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, her black blazer and her favourite pair of Veja sneakers. She straightened her hair and applied some light make-up.

Just then there was a knock on the door. She answered it and stood aside to let Caterina, Kevin, Chandra and Jason enter the room. "Hi Guys", she smiled, greeting them all with hugs. "How have you all got on today?" "Yeah, good" They all smiled. "I think the Boss will be happy!" Kevin grinned. "Well I am very glad to hear that Kevin" The Italian said as she exited the bathroom. Danielle was taken aback by how beautiful Stefania looked. She had on a black skirt that finished just above her knees, a red blouse that buttoned just high enough to leave the slightest hint of her black bra exposed. Her hair was in natural curls that was swept to one side and hung loosely over her shoulders. She was mesmerising. "I guess the fact that you're all here means that you're ready for dinner?", she asked but locked eyes with Danielle. "Yes Stef, come on let's go" Caterina spoke up, once again sensing the chemistry between the two women. 

"Actually, ah, I... I can't join you all for dinner. I have somewhere to be at 7:30 but it's only a 10 minute walk from here so I can get a quick drink with you in the bar first if we go right now" Danielle said looking at her feet not wanting to look at Stefania. "Oh are we not good enough for you now then?" Chandra asked with a cheeky wink. "Ha, of course you are. I just bumped in to an old friend this afternoon and he asked me to meet him for dinner tonight. It'll be nice to catch up with him." Danielle answered still not looking at Stefania although she could feel the jealousy radiating off the Italian. "Oh an OLD FRIEND huh?" Jason asked with a cheeky smirk on his face. Before Danielle could answer though, Stefania cut her off saying "right then let's go. We wouldn't want to make Miss Savre late for her date!"  Danielle didn't try to argue it. She didn't really have time to explain the fact that Andrew was now technically her brother. 

They all made their way to the bar where Kevin and Jason went to order the drinks with Caterina and Chandra offering to help them. Stefania and Danielle found an empty booth and sat at it but Stefania refused to look at Danielle. "Stefania, it's not what you think" Danielle said, trying to get the older woman's attention. She still refused to look at Danielle. "Stefania!" Danielle said a little more forceful this time whilst placing her hand on Stefania's thigh. "Please look at me." She felt Stefania's body stiffen at her touch and could see the goosebumps on her arm. Stefania slowly turned her head to look at Danielle, her chocolate brown eyes being sucked in by the ocean blue ones staring back at her. "It's not a date. Andrew is one of my oldest friends. I've known him since I was four years old." Stefania didn't say anything. She just nodded. Just then the others arrived at the table handing Danielle an Old Fashioned and Stefania a glass of wine. They all chatted pleasantly for the next 40 minutes. All the while, Danielle still had her hand on Stefania's thigh hidden from view of the others by the table. It was now 7:15pm and Danielle had to get going. She finished her second drink and said that she would need to be leaving. She turned to Stefania giving her thigh a gentle squeeze, "I shouldn't be that late back but I've got my keycard for the room just in case you're asleep by then." "OK Bella," Stefania smiled at her. 

Danielle stood up and gave the other four a quick hug each before exiting the bar and walking to Carter's. 

Stefania watched her intently as she walked away. She turned her attention back to the rest of the group and caught the look on Caterina's face. Stefania just rolled her eyes and smiled as they all stood up to make their way to the hotel restaurant for dinner. "I saw that." Caterina whispered in her Boss' ear. "I don't know what you mean" Stefania smirked.