Chapter Forty Three

Slowly letting sleep take over her body.

The next morning they both woke up feeling refreshed but sad for Bruno. Stefania was the first to wake though and she lay there just watching the beautiful woman she had allowed to share her bed and indeed her life. How things had changed in such a short space of time. Just a few weeks ago, the idea of this very thing happening was alien to the brunette. And now here she was madly in love with this gorgeous blonde who had stolen her heart and made her her girlfriend. She couldn't believe it and yet she couldn't imagine life any other way now. She was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed Danielle had wakened. It wasn't until the blonde started placing kisses on her cheek and neck that Stefania realised. "What's consuming that beautiful head of yours this morning Baby?" Danielle asked nuzzling into the Italian's neck. "Hmmm, you actually" Stefania replied honestly pulling Danielle in tight for a hug.

"So I've been thinking." Stefania said. "How about we go to see Marco, Sam and little Hugo this morning & then we can fly up to Seattle later today. That gives you all of tomorrow to be at the bar until we find out when Theresa's funeral is?" She asked Danielle stroking her hair. "Yeah I'm good with that if you're sure it's ok for you? I can spend this morning making arrangements with contractors and Andrew for tomorrow." "No Bambina, I meant for you to come to Marco's with me." "You did?" Danielle asked with wide eyes. "Of course, you're both on my payroll now so it would be nice for you to meet... plus. I would like to introduce him to my girlfriend as well as his new work colleague" Stefania pouted. Danielle couldn't keep her heart from fluttering every time Stefania called her her girlfriend. She blushed as she said "ok baby" and kissed Stefania's cheek.

Both women were quick to shower and get ready opting for some cereal and croissants for breakfast with a quick cup of coffee and an orange juice. "Ok so it's 9:15 now. Marco is expecting us about 11:00 so we better get going as it'll take us about an hour to get there and I need to go buy them a gift" Stefania said picking up her car keys. "I've called Cat to let her know what our plans are. She's going to have the others meet us here about 3:30. That means we can be wheels up by 5 at the absolute latest and we should be landing by 8. Is that ok?" She asked the blonde. "Yeah sounds good to me. I'll call the airfield now and book our takeoff slot" Danielle smiled as they got into the car.

They stopped at a baby shop on the way to Marco's house. Where Stefania spent way too much money. She bought a supply of nappies, 5 different baby outfits, muslin cloths, some bottles and a giant giraffe teddy. She also stopped at the grocery store and bought flowers and chocolates for Sam and Marco.

An hour later they pulled up outside Marco's house. Stefania glanced at Danielle who looked nervous. "Bambina are you ok?" She said rubbing her hand on Danielle's thigh. "Ye... yeah... yes, I'm fine" Danielle smiled although the smile did not quite reach her eyes. "Ah you're nervous huh?" Stefania smirked. "Bella, you have no need to be. Marco and Sam are two of the loveliest people you could ever wish to meet. Now come on, let's go see their little Bambino."

They approached the front door laden down with the stuff that Stefania had bought for Hugo. Marco answered the door and couldn't help but laugh. "Ciao Bossco! Did you actually leave any items for other people to buy" he said as he took the stuff from Stefania leading them inside. "First baby in the team. He deserves to be spoiled" Stefania grinned as she hugged Marco & Sam. "Marco, Sam, I'd like to introduce you to Danielle." She said wrapping her arm around Danielle's shoulder. "Ah yes... the pilot! I've heard good things about you Danielle." Marco said stepping forward to hug her. "Hello Danielle, it's lovely to meet you" Sam said also pulling her into a hug. "Hello, hi" Danielle smiled back at both of them sort of awkwardly. "Guys. Danielle is the new pilot yes. But I am very happy to tell you that she made me the happiest woman in the world by agreeing to be my girlfriend the other night" Stefania grinned as she grabbed Danielle's hand, lacing their fingers together.