Chapter Fifty Eight

They snuggled up and watched the movie together before calling it a night and getting to sleep early.

The next morning Danielle woke up feeling decidedly refreshed. Her nausea was gone and she was actually craving food. She decided to slip out of bed and go for a quick run. As she dressed, she couldn't help but look at the sleeping woman in her bed. She'd never felt more loved and cared for after the way Stefania had looked after her yesterday. Her heart was so full of love, she thought she could cry. She gently kissed her girlfriend on the forehead, grabbed her airpods and left the room.

She didn't run far as she still felt a little weak from not having had much food yesterday. But she run up road to her favourite little international baker. She bought Baklava, Croissants, Cannoli and a couple of bear claws. She run back down the road stopping off at the coffee shop on the corner to grab 2 cappuccinos. She made it back to the room and Stefania looked like she hadn't moved an inch. She set all the pastries out on a tray grabbed an espresso from the coffee machine and set them all down on the desk in the bedroom. Just as she was about to wake up her sleeping beauty, she began to stir. "Hmmm I smell coffee" she mumbled in her sleepy voice. "Mmmm, you do. It's our last full day here so I went for a quick run and grabbed us some pastries for breakfast." Danielle said as she crawled on to the bed capturing Stefania's lips in a good morning kiss. "Buongiorno" Stefania whispered. "How are you feeling? Do you feel better?" Stefania asked as she sat up to lean against the headboard. "I do" Danielle smiled. "I still feel a little weak though from not having much food yesterday which is why I bought these" she said standing up to grab the tray and laying it back on the bed.

"So what do you want to do today?" Danielle asked as she took a bite of her croissant. "You tell me Bambina. You're the one that knows the city. I'm happy doing whatever" Stefania answered picking up some Baklava and placing a kiss on the blonde's cheek. "Alright, I have some ideas. Let's eat up and get a shower" Danielle smirked.

A while later they were dressed and walking down Princes Street hand in hand. "You've still not told me where we're going Danielle" Stefania said as they walked. "Well that's because I want it to be a surprise. But what I can tell you is that we're going to walk there and take in the sights and sounds of the city as we go. Is that ok?" Danielle smiled as she bumped their shoulders together. "Of course it's ok. It doesn't matter where we are. Any time I'm with you, is fine by me" Stefania smiled back the blush slowly creeping up her cheeks. They continued their walk heading towards Leith Street and down on to Leith Walk.

They passed by coffee shops, bars, Edinburgh Playhouse, little sandwich shops, newsagents and a multitude of other businesses as they continued further down towards Leith. Passing by CC Blooms, Carina's interest piqued "this looks like an interesting bar Bambina" she said. "Oh really? Interesting... it's a gay bar" Maya laughed. "It's interesting that out of all the bars we've walked past, it's this one that you notice" Maya continued laughing. "We should go tonight and finish off our trip in style no?" Carina asked as they continued to walk. "Yeah, we can if you want to?" Maya stated. "Si, I want to. I want to party with the hottest girl in the world... and then go to bed with you at the end of the night" Carina winked. "You're hilarious, you know that?" Maya said as she rolled her eyes.

They continued their walk in a relative comfortable silence, only having small moments of conversation as they got closer to Leith. Once they arrived, Maya guided Carina to the Ship On the Shore restaurant. "I've booked us in here for some food Baby. I hope you like it?" Maya smiled. Carina grinned as she read the sign "Seafood and Champagne. I think I'll like it just fine Bambina. Thank you. You always surprise me in the most beautiful ways" she said as she leant forward capturing the blonde's lips in a quick kiss.