Chapter Fifty One

But first, can we finish what we started earlier?" Stefania asked with a smirk and a wiggle of her eyebrows.

"ANDREW" Danielle shouted as her and Stefania emerged from the bedroom now showered and changed into dark funeral clothes. He appeared in the doorway to the living room holding a photo of Danielle in her RAF flight gear. "I know my wife is right here and your super jealous Italian girlfriend is only 3ft away from me right now but can I just say... THIS IS HOT!" "Oh Andrew, behave" Danielle blushed. "I just came through here to tell you that we're going downstairs to see Mrs Bishop and then we're heading to the crematorium. I'm not sure when we'll be back so we'll just organise dinner for ourselves. This is for you." She said as she handed him a set of 3 keys and 2 door fobs. "These are the keys for the front door here and the fobs are for the entry door down in the lobby. There's one of each for you and Gee. This other key is for the mailbox on the wall downstairs." She explained. "Ok great. Thank you D." He smiled giving her a hug. "Ok well we better go Babe" Danielle smiled at Stefania as she took her hand. "Wait let me see this photo!" Stefania groaned as she found herself being pulled towards the door. "Nooo, you can see it later come on." Danielle laughed and pulled her out of the flat into the stairwell.

As they descended the stairs down to Mrs Bishop's home Stefania's phone buzzed with a message from Andrew.

***one new image received***

"FOTTIMI!" Stefania exclaimed as she opened the message, causing Danielle to stop walking and look at the brunette

"FOTTIMI!" Stefania exclaimed as she opened the message, causing Danielle to stop walking and look at the brunette. "What's wrong?" The blonde asked with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. "Oh, nothing just the sight of my girlfriend looking like this!" Stefania smirked showing Danielle the photo.

Danielle just smiled and rolled her eyes as she continued to Mrs Bishop's door. "Mrs Bishop, it's just me" Danielle called as she opened the door. "I'm in the kitchen darling" The old woman called. Danielle led Stefania through to the kitchen where the smell of home baking was radiating from. "I know that smell... are you baking scones?!" Danielle asked with a grin. "Yes dear, I am. I know you love them and I've missed making them for you" the grey haired woman smiled as she pulled Danielle in to a hug. "And you must be Stefania?" She asked, also pulling the Italian in to a hug. "Yes, it's lovely to meet you." Stefania smiled. Just then a cat came running in and was rubbing all round Danielle's legs. "GOOSE! Come here buddy. My god! I've missed you so much my baby boy!" Danielle smothered the cat with cuddles and kisses as he purred happily in her arms. "He misses you too Darling, quite often I find him lying up outside your front door. He's more like a dog you know" Mrs Bishop laughed. "Yeah that might be my fault. I really wanted a dog but realised that wasn't possible with my job so I opted for a cat instead but treated him like a dog" Danielle laughed. "Who is this little guy?" Stefania asked.

"Ok Goose, I need to introduce you to someone very important. This is my girlfriend Stefania - be nice to her! And Stefania, this is Goose. He's my baby. I got him as an 8 week old kitten. He's almost 9 now. Mrs Bishop here has been his surrogate mom since day 1. When I was out working and couldn't get home to feed him, she would look after him. About 4 years ago we decided that we would just let him decide where he wanted to live. So when I'm here, he generally tends to sleep upstairs in my flat with me but he's equally happy spending his time down here. But wait, why was he down here if Graham was home?" Danielle asked the older woman with a frown. "Well you know how I feel about him anyways but the night he came here for the key, Goose tried to follow him and he brought him back here and shut him in with me. Said he didn't want him. Said he's never liked him." "Well you won't have to deal with him anymore. He's gone for good now. So, buddy, you can come home tonight but only for a few days I'm afraid" Danielle spoke to the cat as she scratched his chin.