The Earth King

Sky's POV

I had just managed to make it into the apartment and changed into some nightwear before Zuko and Iroh returned from Lake Laogai. The former seemed ill. I quickly feigned sleep on our couch. I could not see what was happening, but I could hear it.

"You did the right thing. Letting the Avatar's bison go free." Iroh said to Zuko, but Zuko took a while to reply.

"I don't feel right." Was all that left Zuko's lips before he fell to the floor with a thud, bring down a vase that smashed with him

I quickly pretended to wake up from the crash as Iroh exclaimed, "Zuko!" Rushing to him. I leaped from the couch as fast as I could at that stage of pregnancy to Zuko's side. I touched his forehead and felt his burning fever. I looked up to Iroh and we shared a worried glance before attending to Zuko once again. 'Oh Zuko, what am I going to do with you.' I thought stoking his forehead with love.

~This time skip is brought to you by Long Feng's 'birth mark' being proven to be fake~

Still Sky's POV

Zuko was asleep. He rolls over, waking up but yet to open his eyes.

"You're burning up." Iroh said, dipping a cloth into a bucket of water. "You have an intense fever." Iroh placed the cloth on Zuko's forehead. "This will help cool you down."

"So thirsty." Zuko said, opening his eyes and trying to sit up but Iroh and I make him lie back down.

Iroh grabbed a different bucket with a spoon in it. He took out the ladle and said, "Here's some clean water to drink." He sits him up slightly. "Stay under the blankets and sweat this out." He brings the ladle to Zuko's mouth.

Zuko starts to drink then he grabbed the spoon from Iroh and drank the water rapidly. He tossed the spoon aside and grabbed the bucket. He brings it to his mouth and drinks from it, while spilling some out. He tossed the bucket aside and lied back down. I pulled the covers over him again before I laid down next to him, stroking his sweating forehead helplessly.

~This time skip is brought to by The Earth King riding Appa~

Zuko's POV

I was having a dream that I was the Fire Lord sitting on the throne with the fire light before me, with no scar on my eye. Infront of me was a room filled with fire nation soldiers, in full armer, in seven lines. One red and one blue dragon appeared and started circling around the pillars on each side of me. The blue dragon started circling around me.

The blue dragon with Azula's voice asked, "It's getting late. Are you planning to retire soon, my lord?"

"I'm not tired.." I stated still looking ahead

Blue dragon then spoke into my ear. "Relax, Fire Lord Zuko. Just let go. Give in to it. Shut your eyes for a while."

I slowly started to shut my eyes but widely opened them upon hearing the other dragon.

The red dragon spoke in Iroh's voice, "No, Fire Lord Zuko! Do not listen to the blue dragon. You should get out of here right now. Go! Before it's too late!" Now both dragons were poised to either side of me.

"Sleep now, Fire Lord Zuko." The blue dragon said.

The dragons disappear, and then room with the pillars crumbling, as well as the guards watching me, crumbled to nothing. I looked around in shock. The blue dragon started to reappear in front of me. Two golden eyes appeared, followed by the face of the blue dragon, which closed in rapidly.

"Sleep." The blue dragon said as their voice grew louder and more hostile as it continued talking, "Just like mother!" Then it charged at me with its jaw wide open and sharp teeth on full display.

Inside the dragon's mouth, I saw my mother, Ursa. Within that darkness, she comes closer into view, who then dropped her hood and screamed, "Zuko! Help me!" I saw my distraught image in her eyes.

I then fell through a hole that appeared under the carpet under me as I reached for my mother.

~This time skip is brought to you Sokka's joke of 'Long Feng's long gone'~

Iroh's POV

I was pouring two cups of tea. "You should know that this is not a natural sickness, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying tea." Helped to sit up Zuko up slightly to feeds Zuko the tea. Zuko's eyes opened as I sat him up a bit.

"What's happening?" Zuko asked after I took the cup from his lips. He glanced to his right to see his pregnant wife, Sky, sleeping peaceful and smiled weakly at her then looked back to me.

Your critical decision. What you did beneath that lake. It was in such conflict with your image of yourself that you are now at war within your own mind and body." I fed Zuko some more tea.

"What's that mean?" Zuko asked before he started to cough continuously and lied back down.

"You are going through a metamorphosis, my nephew. It will not be a pleasant experience, but when you come out of it," I said as I took a cloth and wiped Zuko's head before continuing, "you will be the beautiful prince you were always meant to be."

~This time skip is brought to you by

Zuko's POV

I woke up and walked to the bathroom feeling the need to cool down still I saw Uncle and Sky still asleep. Sky was sleeping still on the mat and Uncle was sleeping in the meditation position with his hand joined under his sleeves and head bow down signalling that he is asleep. I went to the sink and splashed the cool water over my face. When I looked up into the mirror, I see myself with no scar, no hair, and an arrow tattoo on my head, resembling the Avatar's. I looked at myself horrified.

I screamed which woke me from my very real feeling dream as I breath heavily, trying to calm down my racing heart. I touched the scar on my face and closed my eyes. Thinking was it really a nightmare to be free of the scar and what did my having the Avatar's arrow mean. I let out a sigh and opened my eyes again. I saw Uncle still sleeping in the same position as my dream to my left and I looked down to my right to see my beautiful wife, still sleeping peacefully with a small smile on her face. I look down at her pregnant stomach and place a gentle hand on it. I was rewarded with a small kick that got me to smile softly. It was becoming real. Soon I was going to be a father and they will never be scarred by their father for one mistake. 'I promise to never harm you and protect you from everything that will harm you.' I thought before laying back down and going to sleep. It is a new day, a fresh start. A safe place for us.