Avatar Day

Sky's POV

At this point of time we were living in a cave in a forest. I was taking a nap when I heard Zuko walk into the cave. Iroh sat cross legged within the cave. Zuko threw baskets at Iroh, I sleeply sat up yawning. "Where did you get these?" Iroh asked looking at the baskets. "What does it matter where they came from?" Zuko replied leaving the cave. Iroh's face became serious, "Hmm..." Iroh started to eat a pink food thingy and smiled as pink goo dripped from his mouth, "Mmmm!" I just sighed shaking my head at how easily distracted he could get before I laid down again to go to sleep.

~This time skip is brought to you by the person foaming at the mouth in excitement~

Still Sky's POV

Iroh and I entered the cave to find many new and expensive looking, I sat down next to Zuko. "Looks like you did some serious shopping." Iroh said as he walked around the fire and sat opposite Zuko who was on the other side of the fire, inspected a gold teapot in front of him, "But where did you get the money?" Zuko avoided the question by asking, "Do you like your new teapot?" Iroh replies with, "To be honest with you, the best tea tastes delicious whether it comes in a porcelain pot or a tin cup." Iroh then walked over to Zuko who was lying with his back to the opposite wall of the cave, "I know we've had some difficult times lately. We've had to struggle just to get by." He put his hand on Zuko's shoulder as he said, "But it's nothing to be ashamed of. There is a simple honour in poverty."

"There's no honour for me without the Avatar." Zuko replied. Iroh closed his eyes as he said, "Zuko..." Iroh sighed and opened his eyes to say, "Even if you did capture the Avatar, I'm not so sure it would solve our problems. Not now." Zuko abruptly said quietly, "Then there is no hope at all." Zuko turned to get up but Iroh quickly grabbed him to stop him and said, "No, Zuko! You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. Zuko looked back at his uncle for a moment, then got up to leave. He walked away from the cave.

~This time skip is brought to you by Aang in Kyoshi's clothes and make-up~

Still Sky's POV

Zuko came back to the cave and was standing just at the mouth of it, facing Iroh who had his back to Zuko. "Uncle, I thought a lot about what you said." Iroh turned his head towards his nephew slightly to say pleased, "You did? Good, good." Zuko just without malice, but also without hesitation said, "It's helped me realize something. We no longer have anything to gain by traveling together. I need to find my own way." This made my head snap towards him. Zuko didn't even look at me as I stared at him sadly rubbing my swollen belly. Iroh looked down and slumped slightly in sadness. Zuko picked up his pack and began to walk away. Iroh went after him with the Ostrich horse to give to him. I just went back into the cave. I found a dark corner of the cave then cried and sobbed my heart out into the cave wall that I tried to hold onto as I wept. My sobs echoed throughout the cave. As Iroh entered the cave his heart broke to see me like that and he rushed over and comfort me in the best he could until I fell into a fitful sleep.