The Avatar Returns

Sky's POV 

As soon as Zuko saw that flare we were heading towards the water tribe village where I we would find HIM. I thought I would have more time to convince Zuko to stop hunting him, but it looked like I will have to do it will he knows he is really out there and is just a goofy little kid. Just like we were once. We were happier then. All we had to worry about was Azula picking on use for being in love.

I walked over to Zuko. We were about to start cutting through the ice to get to the village, I started to cling to him, as the boat shook, putting my head into his chest and by doing that he draped his arms around me in return. "Why do we have to terrorist this village. It might not be him. It could be some secret waterbender messing around." I said. "Even if that is true we have to investigate it. It's most likely not true. There is no waterbenders left in the southern water tribe." He replied. I just sighed and snuggled my head deeper into his chest. Then he let go of me to put on his armour with some help of some attendants. He girds himself with a breastplate, shoulder guard and helmet. He then took my hand and lead me to the exit of the ship at it opens. The exit open and all we could see was the ground and steam. Me, Zuko and a host of Fire Nation soldiers leave the ship. I looked around the village as I stood beside Zuko only to be cut off by Sokka charging at Zuko with an adolescent war cry. As he ran up the steps to Zuko, he casually and expertly kicks his weapon out of his hand and then kicked him in the face, sending him sprawling on the ice to the planks right. His head got stuck in the snow and he struggled comically to free himself. The villagers drew back in fright and the ease with which their only warrior has been dispatched by the invaders. Zuko walked forward to address the village. He looked over the crowd, then walked over to Katara her Gran Gran. I ran just behind him.

"Where are you hiding him?" Zuko asked. He looked around the crowd as there was no immediate response. He grabbed Katara's Gran Gran and showed her to the villagers. " He'd be about this age? Master of all elements?" He said. Again no one responded. After a brief pause, he threw Katara's Gran Gran roughly back to Katara. With a cry of frustration, he launched a gout of flame over the villager's heads. They cowered in fear. "I know you're hiding him!" He screamed. Behind Zuko, Sokka got up, his face paint was largely gone. He retrieved his weapon and charged Zuko with another cry. Zuko turned to him in annoyance. He dodged Sokka's charges and flipped him over his head. Zuko fired a blast of flame at Sokka, but Sokka rolled out of the way, throwing his boomerang at Zuko as he did. Caught by surprise, Zuko barely avoided the boomerang. He turned to look back in anger at Sokka over the near miss. A little boy in the crowd threw him a spear. The little boy shout "show no fear!" Sokka caught the spear and charged at Zuko, who, as Sokka reached him, broke off pieces of the spear shaft with his wrist guards. After the head of the spear has been shorn off, Zuko grabbed the spear, boinked Sokka on the forehead with it several times, then he broke it in half and drop's the pieces on the ground. Sokka, after getting bonked on the head, had also sunk to the ground, rubbing his head.  Zuko stood sternly over Sokka. In the sky in the background the boomerang reappeared. It slammed Zuko in the back of the head, knocking his helmet off kilter. I just burst out laughing! Furious, Zuko began to spit fire out of his hands as he hovered menacingly over Sokka.

Aang then appeared into view. He flies right under Zuko, sweeping his legs out from under him. Zuko landed butt up. The helmet landed on his behind in a most suggestive manner. I laughed. I was just crying with laughter. The children cheered as Aang reached the villagers. As he and the penguin bank, they dumped a lot of snow on the cheering kids. They stop cheering for a moment, but then take up the cheering again anyway. The penguin slid to a halt and it pushed Aang off. The penguin got up, looked at Aang, and then turned and waddling away.

Aang said, "Hey Katara. Hey Sokka." Sokka replied dryly, " Hi...Aang. Thanks for comin'." Aang looked over at the Firebenders. Zuko got to his feet and assumed a firebending stance, Aang was at the ready with his staff, surrounded by Zuko and his men. They began to close in, but Aang blew the men on either side of him backwards with blasts of air. He blasted Zuko as well, but he held his ground, shielding his face from the wind. Aang said "Looking for me?" Zuko incredulous said "You're the airbender? You're the Avatar?" "Aang?" Katara asked. "No way." Sokka said in shock. " I've spent years preparing for this encounter. Training. Meditating. You're just a child!" Zuko screamed. " Well, you're just a teenager." Aang replied. I giggled at that and said, "He's got a point," then I continued to giggle making Zuko anger. Zuko fired blast after blast. Aang cried out. He is hard pressed, fear showing on his face. Aang dissipated each blast as it strikes by twirling his staff in front of him like a helicopter blade. The dissipation doesn't block the fire from reaching the villagers, though, and they cried out. Aang looked behind to them and realised he can't protect them all. "If I go with you, will you promise to leave everyone alone?" Aang asked. Zuko was still in a firebending stance. After a brief pauses he straightened up and nodded stiffly.  A soldier took his staff and lead him to the ship. Katara rushed forward. " No, Aang! Don't do this!" She shouted. "Don't worry, Katara, it'll be okay." He said as they pushed him forward roughly. "Take care of Appa for me until I get back." "Head a course to the Fire Nation. I'm going home." Zuko said. "No, you mean we are going home." I said. "Of course, my love. We will finally be home." Head did as he stroked my cheek as we boarded the ship. Aang looked back hopefully at his new friend as the ship closed. Katara's eyes watered as the prison closed around Aang. His smile dropped as he saw her pain. The shadow of the closing bowsprit closed over him.