Chapter 8

EVELEIGH STARK

We got to the hospital as I parked the car in my spot. "Even have your own parking spot." Bucky said as I locked my car.

"Yeah I'm here a lot fixing things for the hospital but I just need to grab a file from my office that's all." I told them as they gave me a nod and we walked inside.

We got in the elevator going to the top floor seeing as that's where I'm at. The elevator stopped as we walked out. "Evie your here perfect." My boss told me. "Hey Charlie yes I'm here but for a minute I have to grab a file real quick." I told him as he gave me a nod. "I have to talk to you about something." He said as he followed me into my office.

"Go ahead." I told him as I placed my bag down and went to my cabinet searching through files. "So one of the hospitals in Seattle are having some problems. Seeing as your the most intelligent person here-You know I don't want to move  l Lilith." I told him closing that cabinet and moving onto the next one.

"Well maybe she can stay with your mom while you go do that." He told me as I closed the filing cabinet with the file in my hand. I turned around looking at him. "You know I don't do out of the city jobs-Their willing to pay you much more." He told me.

"No. Lilith is starting to make friends and she's starting school soon no. I'm not just going to up and move her right when she made friends no Charlie my final answer is no." I told him. "You know I wouldn't be telling you about this offer if I didn't think it was right for you. Besides she can always FaceTime her friends." He told me.

"Just think about it. They support housing and all and the school near by is very good." He told me as I let out a sigh as I put the file in my bag. "I'll think about it and I'll talk to Lily about it it's her decision." I told him.

"Your the adult here." He told me as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah I know but my daughter deserves a say here Charlie. I'll give you an answer at the end of the day." I told him as he gave me a nod and walked out. "Sorry about that." I told Steve and Bucky. "That's fine don't worry about it." They told me.

"Alright let's go." I told them as we left.

- - -

We got back to the tower with a handful of bags. I may have went overboard on things for the kids. Then I didn't want to make Morgan feel left out so I got her things as well then I remembered the groceries and yeah.

"Your back." My kids said with a smile. "Yes I am and I got you kiddos something including you too Morgan." I told her as she smiled at me. "But you'll get them after dinner." I told them as their smiles faded. "What!" They said.

"After dinner." I told them as they took off. I let out a yawn as I started to unbag all the groceries. "Why don't you go take a nap. We can put Athena groceries away." Sam told me. "No it's fine and I have to sort the kids things out-It's fine Eve we know what you got them so we'll do that for you. Go take a nap we got this don't worry." Bucky told me.

"Thank you boys very much." I said as they gave me a smile. "Wake me up before four." I told them as they gave me a nod. "Thank you." I told them once more before turning around and going to my room. Bed here I come.