Capitŭlum Quattuordĕcim

The feeling of a foot putting pressure on my back made me regain consciousness. I blinked, trying to adjust my vision; all I could see was blurred things. 

"Wakey, wakey." Someone sung. Whoever was it kicked me in my ribs with its foot and turned me around so I was with my back on the ground. "Did you miss me, babe?"

The silhouette slowly started turning in a familiar face. And in that moment was when I remembered what had happened minutes before.

Zayn.

He had appeared out of nowhere and when I warned Harry it was already to late and we crashed into him.

Oh my God. Where's Harry? I tried to stand up but before I could even move an inch Zayn stepped on my stomach, pressing me against the asphalt; I let out a moan. "Get your filthy foot off me!" I yelled. "Where's Harry? What did you do with him you bastard!?"

He started laughing out loud. The model looking demon looked down smirking at me and cocked his head. "Fuck. I've forgotten how feisty you were."

"Why did you come back, Zayn?" I asked. "You can't take my soul, unless I want to. And trust me, I'm not going to."

With just one movement he had me with my feet off the ground; slightly squeezing my neck. I grabbed the wrist of the arm with which he had me lifted in a useless attempt of loosen up his grip. Zayn slowly began dragging me towards him but I tried to stop him by putting one hand on his chest. "I came back to finish what I started. Don't worry that I'll find a way."

Suddenly he disappeared from sight and I fell to the ground. 

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" Harry groaned pouncing over him. 

"You should be paying attention to your beloved human not me." Zayn said smiling.

"What?" Harry asked confused. 

Zayn motioned him to look at me and Harry's eyes widened. All of sudden I heard a horn and when I turned around I saw a huge truck coming towards me. It was really closed so I had no chance of getting out of its way or something; I just shut my eyes and instinctively cover myself.

Out of nowhere a pair of arms grabbed me and took me out of there. 

I felt myself being dragged somewhere but I couldn't open my eyes; I was too afraid. Then there was just a deathly silence and all I could hear was my heart pounding.

"Raiza, open your eyes." I heard Harry whispering.

I did as he told me and slowly opened my eyes. His face was just a few inches away from mine. Our breathings were uneasy and we both could see the emotions in each other's eyes, concern in his and fear in mine.

"H-Harry." I whispered.

"It's ok, angel. You're safe." He reassured me. "I'm here with you."

"B-But Zayn. H-He said he came back to finish what he started." I could feel the tears coming out and me not being able to control it. "And then I was almost hit by a truck."

"He said what?" My boyfriend asked furious. He quickly regained his composure. "Don't worry, ok? I'll take care of it. Let's just take you home now."

"How? Your motorcycle is in pieces."

He smiled and kissed me. "I'm a demon, angel. Don't forget that." Harry carried me in his arms and walked to the highway. There was no sign of Zayn anymore, he had vanished. 

A few seconds later a car appeared in the distance and Harry stood in the middle of the road with me in his arms. As it was approaching us he looked at me and smiled. The sound of a horn made him look to the front. The car was really closed but he didn't move an inch.

"Harry." I said getting nervous.

He didn't answer and closed his eyes. 

"Get out of the way idiots! You're fucking crazy!" The guy in the car yelled.

I looked at him and then at my boyfriend. I squeezed his t-shirt nervously. He opened his eyes and they were black. The guy slammed on the brakes inches away from us. 

"Out." Harry demanded.

The guy got out of his car still running and just stood there with a lost look in his eyes, like he was in some kind of trance. 

Harry left me in the passenger sit and then walked towards the guy. He stood in front of him and looked straight into his eyes. "Two men made you pull over and stole your car. You didn't see their faces." He said. "Now, you say it. What happened?"

"Two men made me pull over and stole my car. I didn't see their faces." The guy said in a monotonous tone.

"Marvellous." The curly haired guy said smiling.

Seconds later he got in the car and drove off, leaving the absent looking guy behind. 

"Harry you just stole a car!" I yelled astonished. "How- That poor guy- You-"

"Calm down. I just-"

"Don't give me the 'I just borrowed it' shit." I cut her off, covering my face.

"I'm going to give it back. I promise." He said. "I'll just leave it parked somewhere."

I let out a deep sigh and dropped my head in the head support. I closed my eyes exhausted and put one hand on my forehead. Too many emotions for my mortal self. 

The ride home was quiet and I think I may have fallen asleep because I didn't noticed when we arrived and Harry had placed me on the bed.

I woke up and I was in his room. I haven't been here in so long. Everything looks exactly the same, like he had never left. 

"You're awake." I heard his voice coming from the door.

"I thought you would take me home." I said confused. I must have been asleep for a quite a few hours because the sun was already setting.

Harry walked towards the bed and sat next to me. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "You have bruises because of the accident. I couldn't let your mum see you like that. What kind of boyfriend would I be?"

I looked down at my arms and I had a few bruises and some scratches from when I covered my head before falling. "I'm scared." I confessed.

"I know, Raiza." He said brushing his nose in my cheek. "But I promise nothing will happen to you as long as I'm here."

My eyes were locked on the floor as images of Zayn choking me and then Harry and him fighting came to my mind. "When I reminded him he couldn't take my soul because you had claimed me... He-He didn't care at all." I looked at my boyfriend. "What if Zayn found a way to-"

"No." Harry said sharply. The expression in his face was hard and serious. "Once a demon claims a human no other demon can take their soul." He looked at me for a few seconds and his eyes softened. "Besides I love you. That must add something."

I buried my face in his neck and he hugged me tightly. 

I needed to be strong. No more human weakness. I needed to find a way to defeat Zayn. Harry couldn't always save me and I didn't want to be a burden for him. 

But how do you fight alone a demon that's coming after your soul?

I needed backups.

It was time Rue recovered her memories about Harry and the others.