Capitŭlum Triginta sex

I scanned the place sensing any living creature nearby. I could feel how the beast inside me was craving to suck out the life out of someone until their very last breath.

A deathly silence reigned the night and the moon was hidden behind the clouds, allowing the darkness to take over the streets.

I closed my eyes and I knew once I opened them they would be black and the beast would be unleashed.

Suddenly footsteps could be heard from the distance, approaching at a steady pace. I hid in the shadows and waited for my prey to come closer. Seems like someone's in a hurry. I can sense how scared she is.

"You shouldn't be walking alone far into the night." I said as I looked at the girl in front of me.

"W-Who are you?" She asked, scared.

I came out from where I was hiding and smirked at her. "Let's skip that since I'm going to kill you anyway."

"Wha-"

Before she could finish whatever she was going to say I grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall. I got closer to her face and I saw deathly fear reflected in her eyes as soon as she saw my lifeless ones.

Without any hesitation I opened my mouth and started to suck out her soul. The girl struggled until the very last sign of life left her weak body.

Once she was dead I moved my face away and contemplated what I've done. She had her head to one side and her eyes were opened with fear etched in them. "You were going to die anyway." I said feeling somehow disgusted and angry. Out of nowhere the girl moved her head slightly, which caught me completely off guard. I frowned and started squeezing the almost death girl's neck and the smell of burning flesh could be sensed. The girl cried out in pain when her body suddenly burst out in flames and soon it turned into ashes. I looked down narrowing my eyes; a lugubrious expression all over my face. Just like Raiza.

"Control yourself, Harry." Niall suddenly spoke. I turned around and he was walking towards me with an expression of reproach reflected in his face.

"You fucking dragged me here to get souls." I pointed out, angry. "Don't fucking lecture me now."

"I'm fucking going to if you overstep the mark."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him incredulous. Overstep the mark? The blond haired demon motioned me with his head to look something. I followed the direction and saw some ashes being blown by the wind. The piercing scream of the girl who I had just killed was all I heard for a few seconds.

My eyes widened as they went back to normal. I had vented all my rage on that human.

I covered one side of my face with my shaking hand in shocked. Am I losing control? Am I going back to how I used to be?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I turned my face I saw Niall smiling at me with sympathy. I gave him a wry smile. "Don't look at me like that, asshole."

"Come on. Let's go back." He motioned with his head and gave me a few taps on my shoulder before walking away.

I followed him and we went back to the hospital. I was eager to see Raiza yet I was ashamed of the way I had behaved. I had lost control and allowed my emotions control my actions. We demons don't lose control like that, we don't let our emotions and feelings get in the way and condition our behaviour. We're just driven by our instincts and desires. The way I behaved was-

"As if you were acting like a human?" Niall suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I frowned and looked at him not really knowing what to say. Before I could come up with something to say I saw something out of the corner of my eye that caught my attention.