Capitŭlum Vīgintī sex

It was raining so heavily and the drops camouflaged with my tears. It was as if the sky was crying because they had lost an angel. I didn't even bother to bring an umbrella and I couldn't even care less that I was soaked and cold. I already felt cold and empty inside.

I was standing motionless in front of the coffin where my best friend would be resting for the rest of eternity. Harry was standing next to me holding my hand. He was caressing my hand with his thumb as if he was letting me know he was there for me, not matter what. I knew being in a religious ceremony for him was something quite difficult to bare but he was right next to me.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." The priest voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "It would be so wonderful if God would simply promise to us that we would never go through difficult times. But we do go through great and terrible difficulties all of the time, and God constantly warns us of these dangers and difficulties in His Holy Word."

I could feel Harry's muscles tensing and his hand felt hot and sweaty. I squeezed it letting him know it was ok. I didn't want him to start convulsing or worse.

"No." My boyfriend whispered. He winced as he moved the collar of his black shirt as if he was suffocating. "I'm staying."

"St. Peter wrote in his first letter." The priest said continuing with his funeral sermon. "'Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you'."

The cry full of sorrow and pain of Cam's mum made was something I have never heard. Cam's dad was holding her in his arms and trying to not crumble because if he did both of them would be shattered. I couldn't even imagine the pain that gives you losing a son. I had lost my best friend, but they had lost their son, their reason to live.

They thought their son had died in a car accident on his way home. And that couldn't be more distant from the truth. Before the police found Cam's car they questioned all of us about the last time we had seen him. I knew Harry and Niall had to put up the perfect scenario so they could believe it but when you know the truth, when you know how your best friend truly died and who is his murderer... You never get peace.

"We have gathered in this hour, not only to grieve the death of Cameron, but to give thanks to God for his life among us and for his eternal life now with God. We have gathered, not only to mourn over how different lives will be without him, but to give thanks to God for how full life was when he was in our midst."

Zayn's going to pay for this. He and Chantal, they both will. I promise you Cam.

"We have gathered, not only to consider the shortness and uncertainty of life in the church on earth, but to give thanks to God for his gift of eternal life in the church in heaven. For the church on earth and the church in heaven are not two churches, but one church, even as the Lord who calls us into being is one Lord, the good shepherd of all the saints both living and dead."

"Amen." All of the presents said at unison.

I approached the coffin and left a rose and a picture of Rue, Cam and I laughing as if everything was fine. It was from that time we had gone to Disneyland. Before I had been attacked. Before Zayn had came into our lives.

Overall, it had been a good day.

"I'm not going to say goodbye because I know someday we'll see each other again so I'm just going to say see you soon, Cam." I whispered as I caressed the cold wooden box. I could feel the tears coming stronger than before when they lowered his coffin into the ground. That made all so brutally real and painful.