Capitŭlum Quadraginta sĕptem

"What is it going to be then, Child of Light?" The Grim Reaper asked. "You do not have much time left. Make your wish". He extended his hand towards me. 

I laughed lightly and titled my head. "Once I trusted a demon and it didn't end up quite well." I said, remembering what had happened with Zayn. "So why do you think I would trust you and make a deal with you?" 

"Because you are trapped here. You do not have anything more to lose." 

"Does that have to do with sealing my destiny?" 'Seal your destiny, Raiza Esmond', the Reaper had told me. But how making a wish could determine my fate?

He remained silent and then not answering my question he asked, "Or will your wish rather be that Harry can feel?"

"Feel?" I asked confused. "What are you talking about? Harry feels. Every time I touch his face. Every time I kiss him. He feels it. He smiles and feels it."

"How naive you are. You are just a naive and stupid human." He took a step closer and roughly touch my head with his finger. "Demons do not feel. Get that into your little head. Did Harry not tell you that?"

"He did but-"

"You believed what you wanted to, did you not?" The Spectre of Death studied me for a few seconds and then smirked. "Of course you did. Humans are so predictable."

Well, yeah. He doesn't feel on a physical level. Rather he feels on an emotional level.

"Demons do not have an actual body." The Reaper continued. "The one you think is Harry's body was just created as a vessel. Demons are deprived of having feelings or experience them in flesh, that is their punishment."

"Shut up." I said clenching my teeth. 

"Making me shut up will not change the truth and the fact your destiny is already written. However, I had enough of this trial conversation as well. Lucifer is already impatience enough so just seal your destiny, Child of Light."

"You know what? Since I woke up in this place, in these boundaries, all I've heard is 'seal your destiny' and 'face your destiny'. And you know what?" I said angry. "I'm tired of it. I'm tired of hearing everyone talk about a fate or destiny I don't even know about! So fuck your stupid destiny bullshit!" I walked over to him and pushed him hard against the shoulders, though he didn't move an inch. "Humans have always been forced 'their destinies' onto them. That's not life! Because of trying to 'fulfil their destinies' people can't live happily and are bound to things or people that end up hurting them. Even demons, angels, even you are in the same position." I clenched my fists and looked at the Grim Reaper. "If you really want to know what I wish for, I'll tell you what I wish."

The Grim Reaper smirked and a spark flashed in its golden eyes. "What is your wish, Raiza Esmond?"

"I want Harry's sins to be vindicated. I want Niall's sins to be vindicated. Everyone's sins." I said. 

A tear streamed down my face and I could feel my heart shrinking. There has been so much suffering and for what? Just for the Devil's selfishness? For human's own desire to get what they want? For power? For what really? People have been punished for too long for the mistakes they had made in the past. Past mistakes have defined all - humans and demons. Aren't they all worthy of a second chance if they truly prove they're sorry? Shouldn't they be given a chance of vindication? 

I wiped the tears and looked at the Reaper without a hint of hesitation. I knew what I wanted and I was not going to back down now. "Niall lost the only person he truly loved because of the decision he had made in the past. Because of what he was he had to pay with the life of his loved one." I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I could feel a knot on my throat, getting tighter with every word I said. "Cam. Because he loved me and in an attempt to win my love... He... He fell under a despiteful demon's trap and ended up becoming a demon and then dying." I said as I wiped away the tears. 

Calm down, Raiza, I said to myself. Everything will be alright. You can do this. You just have to believe in yourself. Just for once, believe in yourself. 

"My mum." I continued speaking. "She's suffering because of the fact I fell in love with a demon." I laughed bitterly and shook my head defeated. "She blames herself about my dad cheating on her. I know my mum blames herself about me not growing up with a paternal figure. But what she doesn't know is that I couldn't care less if my so-called father left us. My mum was the best mum and dad someone could've ever asked for or dreamed of. She doesn't deserve to suffer the aftermath of the decisions or mistakes." 

Suddenly a pair of emerald eyes crossed my mind and I felt my heart sunk. "And Harry." I tried to recall his touch. The way he would brush his lips against my skin. His smile every time I said something stupid. And those eyes, those beautiful emerald eyes that could turn to the colour of the darkest night in just a second. Those mesmerising eyes that if you really took a moment to admire them, you could still see a glimpse of light, a wild sparkle dancing like a flame in the fire. "Harry's suffering because of the things he had done. His sins are catching up with him. I'm making him suffer because I'm trapped here. The only way of releasing him it to vindicate his sins. And I'm willing to pay the price for him." I said firmly looking into the Reaper's eyes. "And for everyone."

"So you are willing to sacrifice your life for their well being?" The Reaper asked me amused.

"Why do you ask something like that, expecting an answer you wouldn't even understand?" I asked. 

An evil and pleased smiled crept through its skeletal mouth. "You know you are going to be trapped in the boundaries of this world and the other and your soul will be mine if I grant you that wish, right?" The Angel of Death title its head looked at me with golden eyes. "So is that your wish, Raiza Esmond?"

I nodded. "I wish the vindication of everyone's sins." I said, pouring my heart in every single word. I wasn't sure if I was really going to make it out from here by just making my wish to the Grim Reaper. But if I could make Harry experience the joy of loving someone with every single one of his senses, even if it wasn't me, I was going to risk it all for that, for him, and for everyone. 

I was tired of watching the people I love hurting and suffering and not being able to do something to stop that hurting. But now I could. Now I had the power to change everything and ease them of that feeling. I was going to make it right. "Now..." I closed my eyes and clenched my fists. "Disappear from once and for all."

Suddenly a white blinding light emerged within the Reaper. "You damned human. I am-"

I could sense something was wrong. I ran towards the Reaper and held out my hand. "Wait! You need to grant my wish! You need to save Harry! You need to save all of them!"

And suddenly it disappeared.

...

Well hello there strangers ... 

I finally updated after like a year?? I'm truly sorry for not coming back to update but I've been really busy and doing lots of things this past year so I didn't have lots of free time to update. I know most of you must probably forgot what the whole story was about and what was going on. I hadn't forgotten about you just so don't worry that I'm going to try to finish the story soon, maybe this month or upcoming month. I owe you guys that!

My sincerely apologies for all the waiting you have to put up with but I'm going try to make it up to you!

I hope everyone has been doing amazing and I'll reply to all the messages I have since last year.

I apologise once again and thank you!

Love,

M. x