Capitŭlum Unus

The Japanese have a belief that people are predestined to meet together by a red string tied to the little finger.

The story itself tells that between two or more people who are meant to have an emotional tie there is a ‘red string’ that comes with them since birth. The string exists independently of the time of their lives in which they’re going to meet and can’t be broken under any circumstances. Although it may be more or less tense, but it is, always, an example of the link between them.

Paulo Coelho once said: "They say that throughout our lives we have two great loves; one with whom you marry or live forever, maybe the father or mother of your children. That person you get the maximum blending to make the rest of your life with. And there’s a second great love, a person who you always lose. Someone you were born connected to, so connected that the chemical forces are beyond reason and they’ll prevent them, always, to reach a happy ending. Until one day they’ll cease to try, one of them will surrender and seek for another person that will end up finding. But I assure you won’t spend a single night without needing another kiss of your loved one, or even fight once more. Everybody knows what I'm talking about, because while you were reading this, that person’s name came to your mind. Be rid of him or her, you’ll stop suffering and will succeed in finding peace, but I assure you there won’t be a day without wishing that person was here to disturb you. Because, sometimes, more energy is released arguing with someone you love than making love to someone you just appreciate.” 

The last words echoed in my mind.

Harry.

I missed his touch so much, his voice, the way he always would make me feel. I missed him. God, I think I had fallen deeper than what I thought. I was madly deeply in love with someone who wanted me dead; that's really healthy, way to go Raiza.

He had me wrapped around his finger. But all he did was to play with me. He knew all along how this would end. And I was the stupid girl who believed his lie and played along with it. 

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia and forget about all what happened. Like all was just some twisted dream and I’m still the same girl who was full of dreams and happiness, full of life. But maybe it is actually a dream. I didn't find Harry after I woke up so what other explanation could there possible be?

My second year in college had just ended and I was a mess. Seven months have passed since he was gone, and everyday wherever I go, his memory haunts me. I suddenly close myself to the world. I keep looking for answers in my head, although I know I'm never going to get them now since he's the only one who can give them to me. But he's not here. I don't even feel like I can talk to anyone about it because what would I tell them? 'Hey so yeah I was dating a guy who turned out to be a demon and he wanted to take my soul. And well when he was about to do it he suddenly disappeared.'

Yeah right. 

I can't even talk with Rue because she says she doesn't remember any guy with Harry's description. Cam doesn't either. It's like when Harry disappeared;, he also did from everyone's minds and lives. Everyone's except mine. However, it's like I can't remember things like where he lived but every single moment we spend together I remember it clearly and so vividly. 

I'm alone dealing with this and if I ever tell anyone I'm going to end up in a mental institution. Let's face it, who would believe someone who says she dated a demon who seemed to have vanished from the face of the earth. Come on, I'm already filling the admission paper work. My mum already thinks something's wrong with me because every night I wake up screaming and crying owing to this recurrent dream I have that leaves me with a horrendous feeling of emptiness and desolation.

Luckily I would have some time alone since I was on summer vacations. Yeah I know I'm supposed to be excited about it because I live in LA; sun, beach, the ocean, hot guys, celebrities, yada yada yada; but to be honest I just had two options in mind:

1. To be alone, or
2. To be completely busy so I take my mind off from certain things

I guess I'm going to look for a summer job; plus my mum won't let me stay vegetating all day in my bed with my hermit mode on. I think I should start looking for my own place... Yeah it's about time. Ok so now I have two things to do while I'm on vacations: find a job and a place for my own.

Good Raiza, you're making progress. 

Maybe these Uni-free months won't be a complete disaster after all.

...

Guess who's back. Back again. Mari's back.Tell a friend.

Lol... Ok guys!

The voting to choose the cover has ended and the winner was pretty clear :D Thank you all for getting involved and helping me choose the cover!

I love you and thanks for sticking around. x