Capitŭlum Quindĕcim

"Come on. Pick up, pick up." I mumbled on the phone.

The endless ringing was making me uneasy until finally she answered.

"Hey Raiza! How are you?" Rue said cheerfully.

"Rue I'm sorry for bothering you but I need help." I said, going straight to the point.

"What happened? Are you ok?" My friend asked worried.

"It's not something you can talk over the phone. Could you please come to my place? I'll text you the address."

"We may have a problem with that..." I frowned confused at her answer. "Do you remember I was going to go on vacations to this amazing place in the woods with Matt?"

Oh my God. I had totally forgotten. "I'm so sorry! I should've waited till you came back. God you're having such romantic getaway with Matt and I-"

"Raiza, hey, it's ok. I'm serious." She cut me off. "You're my friend. If you need me I'll always going to be there for you. Not matter what." I let out a deep sigh still feeling guilty about disturbing her. "I've got an idea! Why don't you come and we solve whatever is worrying you here? It'll help you, trust me. Being here is like being in another world. It'll clear your mind. What do you say?"

"I don't know if I can. I have to work and I don't even know how long I could stay either!" I was starting to despair.

"Raiza, Raiza. Calm down." Rue reassured me. "Just talk to your boss and explain to him the situation. You have personal problems that you need to take care of, that's all."

I was left thinking for a few minutes, battling with what I should do. "I'll text you later or maybe tomorrow to let you know what I'm going to do. Thank you, Rue."

"Just think about it, ok? Take care, darling."

I hung up and let myself dropped on my bed. I stayed looking at the ceiling, weighing all possibilities. If I wanted to get rid of Zayn I needed to do whatever it takes to succeed. And if that meant going to where the only person who could hopefully help me then so be it.

I dialled Dax's number to tell him I would be gone from work for a while. When he answered my boss already knew something was going on, just by hearing the tone in my voice. I explained to him the situation, of course leaving out the crazy details, and Dax told me not to worry and that I could take as much time as I needed. He was honestly the best boss someone could ask for. 

Once I finished talking to Dax, the next person on the list was my mum. 

I went to her bedroom and she was laying in bed watching one of those movies she had watched millions of times yet didn't get tired of them. I laid down next to her and stared at her. 

"What's going on?" She asked with her eyes still on the TV.

"Why something must be going on?" I asked. "Maybe I just want to lay down next to you and intensely stare at you."

My mum laughed and looked at me. "Raiza."

"Ok, ok." I said. "My friend Rue invited me to go with her to this hotel thing in the woods in Fall City her boyfriend owns; well the parents of her boyfriend. I know him as well so there shouldn't be any problem."

"Is Harry going with you as well?" She asked me.

"Uhm no. I'm going alone." 

"Does he know all of this?"

"No. I just decided it." I told her. "I talked with Rue just a few minutes ago and she invited me. I'm leaving on Monday, after I'm done with the move."