Chapter #14: Distance.

Hazan's P.O.V:

I watched how both of them changed the expression on their face. Both looked at me in confusion but didn't speak a word. 

Suddenly, I noticed how Yağız lowered his face and turned around.

Yağız: I'm leaving. Brother, I'll wait for you in my room. –He said to Sinan while avoiding everyone's gaze.

I decide to speak since I don't want to deal with Sinan anymore.

Hazan: Sinan, you should leave too. –I spoke while glaring at him. 

Sinan: No, you need to explain what just happened. –He said while crossing his arms.

Akın: I don't think we have to explain anything. Everything was said very clearly, we are getting married. –Akın said in a calm tone.

Sinan: It is hard to believe that you two are getting married. I guess that she has planned this. –He said while pointing at my mother, Fazilet.

His guess is correct, but I can't let him discover the truth. As Akın said, we'll pretend that this is real.

Hazan: No, my mother has not planned anything because I decided to marry, Akın.

Sinan: This is so unbelievable.

He walked a few steps toward Akın and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Sinan: Don't do anything stupid to her. If I know that you did something to her, you'll see what will happen. Congrats, my friend! –He said while palming his shoulder.

Akın: I won't hurt her as you did to her. –He said with a grin on his face.

Sinan: You were involved too. That is why this whole marriage arrangement doesn't sit right with me. –He said while walking toward the door.

Akın: I never wanted to do it, and you know it. –He said plainly.

Sinan: I know, but I still don't believe this is real. –He said, and with that, he left. 

I let out a sigh and sat on a chair.

Hazan: I'm afraid that he could do something. –I said while glancing at Akın.

Akın: Can I talk to her for a minute outside? –He asked my mother.

Fazilet: Of course, go. –She said without hesitation.

I walked with Akın outside, and he gave me a comforting hug.

Akın: We need to make Sinan, Yağız, and your mother believe this is real. I know you don't want to marry me, but I'm doing this to help you. –He said sincerely. 

Hazan: How are we supposed to make them believe that? –I asked in confusion.

Akın: We'll find out a way. In the meantime, you need to distance yourself from them.

The word distance took me by surprise.

Hazan: I can't distance myself from Yağız. –I said while crossing my arms.