Chapter #16: Moment.

Hazan's P.O.V:

My mother was determined to make a stop at the shopping mall near us. As expected, she entered a store with the idea that Akın would buy her whatever she wanted. While the three of us are in the store I notice a very nice dress so I decided to walk over and look at it. While I'm here I notice Yağız's girlfriend chatting with a lady. They were so close to me that their conversation was clearly audible. I decided not to disturb her shopping day and continued to look at the dress for the price tag. Then I heard something that made my eyes widen enormously.

"Daughter, it is time for you to get married. Let me find you someone good so you can start a family together," —The lady's voice said loud enough for me to hear.

"Mom! You know I can't yet," —Yağız's girlfriend answered.

"You should stop pretending to be the girlfriend of that friend of yours. What's the point of doing that, daughter?" —Her mother said while looking at her.

"I'm trying to help Yağız, Mom!" —She said while looking away.

I was extremely surprised by what I just heard. Her mother has just told her to stop pretending to be his girlfriend. I don't understand at all what is going on. This aroused curiosity in me, I need to know what's going on and I'm going to ask her. We were never properly introduced so I don't know what her name is but it doesn't matter.

I walked towards her and noticed that the lady had already left her side so it was just her. I touched her shoulder and she turned to look at me. Consequently, her eyes widened in astonishment when she saw me.

Hazan: Can we talk alone for a moment? —I said as I stared at her.

Woman: I will explain it to you. —She said in a sincere tone.

We walked to a more desolate area of the store where no one would see us. I crossed my arms and stared at her, waiting for her explanation. 

Woman: I am in a position where I can't figure out how to explain to you in the right way and have you believe me. It's very complicated, but it's not what it seems. —She said while passing a hand through her hair.

Hazan: That's not the explanation I'm waiting for. I need you to tell me what's going on before I go and ask Yağız about what I just heard. —I said while glaring at her.

Woman: Listen, I never thought this would go this far. —She said trying to convince me.

Hazan: Why did she say that you had to stop pretending to be his girlfriend? What's going on between you?  —I asked curiously.

Woman: Oh, what a mess I got myself into, I shouldn't have accepted in the first place. —She said letting out a heavy sigh.

Hazan: What are you talking about? Accept what? —I asked as I arched an eyebrow in confusion.

Woman: Yağız is not and has never been my boyfriend. He is my best friend since our childhood. He asked me to pretend to be his girlfriend and I agreed to help him. You can go ask my mother if you don't believe me. I wanted to help him, he was so messed up. I never thought anyone would find out it was fake. —She admitted.

Hazan: Why would he ask you to do that? What did he intend to achieve by having you as his fake girlfriend? —I asked confused by what she had just told me.

Woman: It is very complicated. I don't think I should tell you that. —She said while looking away.

Just as I am about to answer I notice how Akın is walking towards us and I give him a slight smile.