3. One last chance

Aiden broke my heart on a Thursday.

I skipped all my classes on Friday.

This gave me a total of three and a half days to get my shit together after being rejected by my supposed mate.

Today is Monday morning, I have gotten myself out of bed, showered, and dressed in a pretty blue shirt that matches my eyes and some ass-hugging black jeans that always boost my confidence.

Cami then proceeded to do my make-up,  giving me a light and refreshing look that managed to hide a whole weekend of dramatic crying and actual physical suffering. My red hair is loose and softly brushed, falling in subtle waves around my face.

I have no other choice but to go to class today, or I'll risk both the teachers and my overbearing brother Colton questioning my absence. There is no way he would believe I am skipping again.

So, am I ready?
Do I have my shit together?

Absolutely not.

But I sure as hell am going to pretend I do.

After spending the entire weekend introspecting about my situation, with the helpful inserts from Cami, I have decided that I will try to speak to Aiden one more time. I will attempt to make him understand the significance of a true mate. Make him see that we are one of the lucky few gifted with one and it's completely inconceivable to ignore it. I will also tell him I understand his feelings for Erin and am willing to give him all the time he needs to explain to her our situation and comfort her after. I am not indifferent to how cruel our bond is towards their relationship, and I completely recognize that there will be time needed to heal from it. But we're true mates. Supposedly, that makes us inevitable. Two halves of the same soul...destined.

If he was any random guy, my pride would never allow this course of action. But I owe the goddess and myself this last effort to make it work, even though he blatantly and brutally rejected me right after our connection was revealed.

Because of this, however, I refuse to face him while in the state I have been for the past few days. I will be respectful and kind, but also completely pissed off. No more tears will fall from my eyes because of his rejection, I'll make sure of it.

Or I'll try.

"Vi?" Cami calls me from the door, clearly amused after catching me staring at the body-sized mirror on our wall with a determined look on my face. "Are you giving your reflection a pep talk?"

I don't even try to hide it. "Yes, ma'am."

She laughs. "Well, are you ready now?"

I nod and follow her out the door. Here we go.

Our first class of the day is in the main building, right in the center of the campus. Cami, unlike me, has a car, so the ride takes barely five minutes.

Before I open the door on my side, I take a deep breath. Sad Violet stayed home; you are going to be fine.

My wolf, feeling my need for reassurance, feeds me strength. We are both very hurt, but as I've said before, we are an alpha's daughter. My wolf is strong...and so am I.

With this in my mind, I walk in the direction of the main building. Cami hoops her arm with mine and smiles at me, letting me know I'm not alone. Even if Woodbridge hasn't been at all how I imagined it would be, courtesy of Aiden Hayes, it has given me a friend for life. And hopefully, mate subject aside, it will give me much more.

Forcing myself to smile, I get through the first classes of the day with much more ease than I predicted. Soon, it's time for lunch.
Woodbridge is located far away from most packs and works a little different from human colleges, much more like high school in terms of rules and schedules. Werewolves need order in their life in order to avoid conflicts, especially this far from home. We are part animals, after all.