13. I Will Not Fail (Aiden)

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone :D

First of all, thank you for reading my story. It means a lot!!

Reading has always been my passion.
Writing is my dream.

This is my first story, so it will forever be special. I hope to write many more.

If you notice anything that needs improving/correcting, please tell me. I'm eager to learn. (Either with the grammar or plot issues.)

Now, about the story:

I know that Aiden was a huge idiot. But, just like Violet, please give him a chance to earn your forgiveness! ;) I promise it will be worth it.

................................................................................................................................................................

Aiden's Pov

A few hours earlier

As I return to my cabin after giving my proposal to Violet, my wolf is much happier with me. He's been riding me very hard, leaving me constantly on edge and at risk of shifting. Separating him from his mate and, even worse, hurting her, almost ruined our bond. He was absolutely furious with me. In his mind, he's completely capable of protecting our mate against any threat. That means my reasons for staying away were, in his opinion, utter garbage.

Well, he didn't say the words. But his feelings about it match them perfectly.

I enter the house with a slight grin, finding my roommates chilling on our family-sized couch. We're all big guys.

Liam has his phone in his hand, scrolling, while Zander's watching "The Big Bang Theory." He is addicted to the show.
They both look up when I come in.

"Look who's back." Zander greets. "The most hated guy on campus."

I jump on the couch, letting my ass fall right in between them.

"Give me until Winter Break. I'll be the most loved." I say confidently.

"What do you have planned that will change everyone's minds?" Liam asks, moving more to the side, so I'm not glued to him.

As if he doesn't love it.

"Not everyone's. Just the one person that matters."

Zander gives me a wounded look. "What about me? I don't matter?"

"Nop." I pop the word.

"Hurtful." He says in mock outrage. "It's the red hair...you can't fight against a girl with red hair."

I picture my mate's beautiful auburn shade and how it magnificently frames her freckled face. No, it really isn't a fair fight.

"So you two made up?"

"Not exactly. But she's giving me a chance."

"I'm happy for you, man. Even if you don't deserve it after the shit you pulled." Liam says.

"Oh, but he's not in the clear yet. Have you spoken with Knight already? It looks like you have, considering that pretty bruise on your face. Or was it tiny Violet that caused the damage?"

I glare at Zander before answering.

"I had an encounter with one of Violet's brothers. But it wasn't Colton."

They take a few moments to connect the dots.

"River Knight is back in Woodbridge?" Liam asks eyebrows scrunched up.