21. Is This Okay?

It's been eight days since the lockdown began.

Aiden's father told us that Josiah Dagon is the one who convinced the council to give this order, whispering in their ears that if the university were being targeted, it would pose a significant danger for its students to be let out.

The evil bastard even went as far as to point out that as much as he wanted his own son, Tyler, to come home, he understood that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

That made the arguments the other parents came up with lose much of their validity.

My dad is furious about this, and my mother is even worse; I think most parents who care about their children feel the same way. But it doesn't matter. The strength of the council is still too strong to fight.

They have guards all over the school's perimeter, ensuring that no one leaves- and no one gets in. But the cases keep increasing, which means that someone inside Woodbridge really is spreading the virus among the students and faculty members. But who?

Aiden and Colton are convinced that it's Tyler. Maybe it is, but I believe that we must continue exploring other possibilities. The sooner we catch him or her-, the sooner all of this ends. There have been a few accidents where infected werewolves scratched one of the medically trained staff amid fever delusions and sickness-induced struggles. But new cases keep popping up out of nowhere, with no mark on the victim that indicates contact with someone infected by the disease.

We are still allowed to circulate the university, but there cannot be a gathering of more than five students that do not share a living space. No one wants to anyway; we're all too scared to come in contact with the virus.

Cami and I have been staying at Colton's cabin. My brother gave up his room for us to share and is sleeping on the couch. But I often sleep alone; my friend has taken up the habit of sneaking out to Finn's room in the middle of the night.

I'm happy for her. Even with all that is going on, he seems to help Cami maintain her usual cheerful self. And goddess knows that we all need Cami to be herself right now, offering us some comedic relief from the constant shit that life is throwing at us.

Thankfully, until now, our group has remained virus free. I believe that's a result of us being watchful and preemptive and Aiden's extreme overprotectiveness. The only good thing that has come out of this situation is that Colton and my mate are actually working well together and seeing eye to eye. They seem to agree on one common goal: keeping us safe.

We have been taking turns keeping watch outside my brother's and Aiden's cabins. We work in pairs, always two of us staying awake each night. Coincidently (note the sarcasm), I either get paired up with Colton or with Aiden. They trust no one else with me.

Of course, this was only decided after they sparred and effectively tested each other's strength. Even though it was only supposed to be for practice, the blows they served were more than real. As a result, they each sported dark bruises and swelling for at least a day. Aiden won, but my brother put up a hell of a fight.

Anyway, Colton says he wants to go again soon. He's confident he can beat him in another round. Boys.

"Who's turn is it tonight?" Cami asks us as we sit around the dining table, eating the delicious pasta that Finn made. Ryland and Colton haven't even stopped to take a breath since the plates were placed in front of them; I'm not even sure they are chewing. Noah is eating more slowly, but that's probably just because he is picking the mushrooms out of the food.

"Liam and Ry went last night." My brother says with his mouth full.

"Eww, Colton. Close your mouth," I admonish him, earning only a dismissive shake of his head in return.