24. She won't stop

Erin is sick, and she wanted to infect me.

Tyler fucking saved me.

What the fuck?

................................................................

I move in Aiden's arms, making him loosen his hold enough for me to jump out. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I try and take a step forward.

"Violet, wait," Aiden cautions, placing his hand on my upper arm. He doesn't grip me hard, which tells me that he isn't giving me an order. If I wanted, I could easily slip away. He's just requesting that I stand by while he assesses the situation.

I'm still stunned by what happened moments before. "S-She scratched him."

My mate moves his head up and down in acknowledgment, seeming just as astounded. "She did."

I think his shock stems more from the fact that Tyler covered me. It messed with all his previous assumptions about the legion wolf.

Liam and Colton are still growling as Aiden bypasses them. The wolves move closer to me in response, their stances protective.

Erin doesn't shift from her position, her eyes glued to the ground as she kneels on the slightly wet grass. She's still shaking; I don't know if it's from anger or from the virus inhabiting her body. Maybe it's both.

Aiden ignores her, not even sparing her a glance as he walks closer, his gaze fixed on Tyler. The future alpha of the Legion pack shows no emotion on his face. His features remain neutral, giving away nothing of what he must be feeling.

I have no clue what Aiden plans to do, but he starts by placing his hand on Tyler's uninjured shoulder. He then does something that manages to break all of the previous stoicism on the newly infected man's face: He drops to his knees in front of him.

"I am forever in your debt. There are not enough words to translate how thankful I am to you for saving Violet."

I can see the surprise flicker in Tyler's eyes as he listens to those words. It doesn't affect how firm his voice sounds, however. "I didn't do it for you."

"I know. I'm grateful all the same."

Erin whimpers as she hears them, tears falling freely down her face. Colton's wolf releases a deep growl, taking a threatening step forward. I'm wary of how close she is to the others, but none of them seem concerned. They probably feel confident they can stop her now that they know her intent.

"I can't believe this bitch fucking scratched me," Tyler comments, shaking his head in disbelief. I look at the wound again, the long line that runs across his arm in a deep red color, imagining it on me. Because it should be on me.

"Tyler, I-I...." My voice wavers, emotion clogging up my throat. "Thank you."

The dark-haired werewolf moves his gaze in my direction and pauses, not saying anything. What did I expect him to say?

He had an instinctive reaction that may just have cost him his wolf. Perhaps his life. He must hate me right now.

Aiden, who stood up after I spoke, walks my way. He softly kisses my forehead, his lips lingering there for a moment. The mating bond allows me to feel how troubled he is after seeing me so close to danger again.

The wolves in front of us, my brother and Liam, are in full enforcer mode. I'm pretty certain they would tear apart anyone who tried to approach us right now. Their instinct is telling them to protect their pack.

My mate steps away from me again, this time focusing on the one who created this mess.

"I am fucking sorry for what I did to you, Erin." His voice holds no apologetic tone, only wrath. "I was a piece of shit to you. I suppose we could even say it's my fault that you are like this. I'm nowhere close to being fucking prince charming, and you suffered because of me. I'm the villain in your story."