23. He Wants You

Hey, Tyler. Can we meet up?
- Violet

"What do you think?" I show Cami the text, still unsent.

My friend managed to get the number less than an hour after we woke up. For someone who is only a first-year, the same as me, she sure has connections.

"That's perfect," she approves, taking the phone from me and sending it. "What did Aiden text Erin, aka the Desperate-ass-Bitch?"

"The same. He just didn't sign it; I'm pretty sure she hasn't deleted his number." I can't help the sarcastic tone that covers my words. Aiden's contact is probably saved under "Mine forever" or some shit like that.

"I wish I could be there to see her face when she notices Aiden's not alone," Cami comments with a sly smile on her face.

As much as I want to be understanding toward Erin, she ruined any amount of sympathy I could hold for her when she kidnapped me.

Beep. My phone alerts me to a text.

Not siding with the family anymore, Juliet?
Where and when?

With a grimace, I take a screenshot of his answer and send it to the WhatsApp group we created. It's named "Team Jacob," courtesy of Zander.

It may be a betrayal to my kind, but I've always been team Edward. My mate's only reaction when I shared that interesting bit of information was to say, "You're team Aiden, little wolf."

I kind of am, especially after that life-changing kiss. When my eyes closed this morning, after staying up all night discussing today's plans, I could still feel the imprint of Aiden's demanding lips against my own. The subtle sweetness of his taste was addicting, making me want to go back for more, again and again.

"Oh, Aiden isn't happy," Cami says, her eyes on the screen of her phone. I look at mine again, the group chat still open, to read Aiden's reply to my screenshot of the texts between Tyler and me.

If that motherfucker calls you Juliet one more time.
- Aiden

Why the fuck does he call her that?
-Colton

Are you not familiar with Shakespeare?
- Cami

"For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo."
- Zander

???
- Colton

All brawn and no brain.
- Ryland

Is Tyler supposed to be Romeo??
- Colton

Ding ding ding!
- Cami

My little sister only attracts idiots.
- Colton

No, I'm attracted to her too!
- Ryland

Shut up, jackass!
- Aiden

You just made his point, Ryland.
- Cami

"Laughing Emoji"
- Noah

"Middle-Finger Emoji"
- Ryland

Guys? I need to answer Tyler.
- Violet

Five p.m. At the Bonfire clearing.
- Liam

I text Tyler the information and sigh, laying back on the bed. I only slept around three hours, and I'm starting to feel it. When I woke up, I felt refreshed and rested, almost as if my entire night was spent sleeping instead of finding a dead body carved with my crossed-out initial. The moment Aiden and I shared helped my body relax, and that, plus the exhaustion, kept any nightmares away.