11. The Proposal

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell. "River, let him go!!"

"Hayes and I have things to discuss, baby sis." My older brother says calmly as if he isn't holding Aiden up against the wall. "Future alpha to future alpha."

River's arms are bulging, keeping the pressure around Aiden's collar. They are close in height, so my mate's feet are still on the floor, but his upper body is glued behind him. My brother looks at me with blue eyes so close in color to mine that it's impossible to deny we are siblings. But, like Colton, he got my dad's dark brown hair instead of my mom's deep red tone.

Cami whistles beside me. "Your family has won the genetic lottery, my friend."

I ignore my wise-ass bestie, moving closer to the two boys.

"River, stop it. Now."

My mate is quiet through all this, not even seeming bothered to be held up against the wall.

My older brother is staring at him with violence in his eyes.

"I will call your girlfriend and tell her about the great 2004 accident." I threaten River in my most serious voice.

He turns to me. "You wouldn't."

I smirk. "Watch me."

My phone is out of my pocket in a second, and I run from the room, knowing he will follow.
When I hear my brother's footsteps behind me as I exit the dorm building, I know my plan worked.

"Violet, get back here!" He calls out.

I ignore him, continuing to run until trees surround me. River catches up to me quickly once I slow down.

I whirl around to glare at him accusingly, putting my phone back in my back pocket. "What are you doing here? And who the hell told you?"

My older brother takes a leisurely walk until he stands closer to me. "How about a hug first, baby sis? I missed you."

I smile, walking into his open arms. "I missed you too, River."

He lets go of me after a few seconds, proceeding to mess up my hair with his hand. "I see that you're still short."

"Ha-ha. So funny." I mock. "Now fess up."

"Well," He begins. "Mom is actually the one who made me come all the way out here, claiming you were ignoring her, which, according to her, meant you were in trouble. Guess her mother instincts really work."

Dammit, I should have called her.

"And Colton told you about Aiden?"

"No. I used my alpha voice on Noah after I got to the cabin, and Colton told me that we need to kill the future alpha of Shadow pack, no questions asked."

I cringe inwards at how well I can imagine that scenario. "Look, I understand both of you want to protect me. But I want to deal with this myself."

"Violet, he deserves to pay for what he did. And the mating pull wouldn't let you hurt him as much as he needs to be hurt." My brother says, hatred coloring his face.

"You're right." My mate's voice interrupts us. Aiden is standing at the woods entrance, hands at his sides.

"Glad you agree." River grunts, crossing his arms. "So, when can we start?"

My eyes widen. "Woah, hold up. We're still talking about this."

"What is there to talk about, baby sis? I want to beat him up. He wants me to beat him up. So I'll do it. Everyone's happy."