1

Katherine POV
I walked into my house after school ended, I didn't want to talk to anyone. Everyone at school pretends to be my friend just so they can get close to my brother and his band mates and it annoys the crap outta me.

"Hey sis, how was school?" James asked as I walked pass him and I didn't respond.

I closed my bedroom door and turned on my laptop and played music since I was too lazy to grab my phone from my bag to plug it into my speakers. I laid on my bed and heard my phone go off at the same time, I groaned and got up to grab it.

From: Jems 🎶
Come downstairs, you are joining me and the boys on an adventure!
To: Jems 🎶
Do I have to? Every adventure of yours always ends up dangerous and one of us gets hurt.
From: Jems 🎶
Yes
To: Jems 🎶
Ugh fine..😒
From: Jems 🎶
You love me x

I went down to meet up with the rest after I read the last text.

"And no, I don't love you" I said to James.

He acted hurt while the rest laughed.

~

"Where are we going on this adventure?" I asked James.
"You'll see!" He replied. "And like I said before, it's safe"

We entered a very dark forest and followed a path.

"I don't trust anyone right now" I said while looking at my surroundings.
"Like James said, it's safe" Tristan replied.
"Yeah" Brad agrees. We actually came here last night"
"Last night?" I asked in disbelief. "That's even worse"
"Hey, at least we made it out alive" Connor said.

I got tired of walking so I jumped onto James back.

"Why do you do this every time you don't feel like walking?" James asked.
"Because why not" I replied while laughing.

We walked.. Well the boys walked for another 10 minutes.

"Are you ready for this?" James asked as he placed me on the ground.
"No" I replied. "Just because I don't trust you on this"
"Well you should"
"Then lead the way"

He pushes through the small branches and it revealed a beautiful lake with a waterfall.

"Now this explains why I came home at like 1:30 last night" James said.
"You suck at sneaking in by the way" I informed him.
"You were suppose to be in bed! Why were you up at 1:30 on a school night?"
"Hmm.. I don't know, maybe I was doing homework?"
"Come on guys! Let's go have fun!" Connor said while picking me up and running towards the water.
"It is not a good idea to throw my sister in the water!" James yelled. "She will always find a way to pull you in with her!"
"It's worth a shot!" Connor yelled back. "Maybe she won't pull me in because she loves me more than you!"

He throws me in and of course, I pull him in.

"James was right!" Connor yelled after we resurfaced.
"He's never wrong" I laughed and we both got out of the cold water.

I decided to go behind the waterfall and stared at it in awe.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I hear Brad ask as he took a photo of it.
"Yeah" I replied while smiling.
"I figured you'd need this"

I turned to see him handing me his hoodie, I thanked him as I took it from him and slipped it on, butterflies were in my stomach every time he offers something to me.
Memories flooded my brain to the first time I met him, that's when I started having mixed emotions towards him. When I started getting dragged to rehearsals by James since he doesn't want me to get lonely, that's when I realized I actually liked Brad. But then a couple days after, James told the boys were off limited and vice versa. I got upset since I just sorted out my feelings towards Brad and I felt like I had to throw that all away.

"Kat, you coming?" Brad snapped me out of my thought.
"Uh, yeah" I replied.

I tried hiding my face since I know I was blushing, I didn't meant to zone out in front of him. I knew it wasn't gone when I reached the rest of the boys so I placed my hands over my cheeks.

"Why are you doing that?" Tristan asked.
"I do this all the time when my face is cold" I lied.

Tris looked at me weird and caught up with James and whispered something into his ears.

"You're too cute!" Brad cooed as he removed my hands from my cheeks.

And the butterflies return.

~

When we arrived home, I realized I still had Brad's hoodie on.

"Obviously your face wasn't cold" James said in a seriously tone. "What were you and Brad doing behind the waterfall?"
"Nothing! We were just talking" I replied while looking for my phone. "James, did you see if I had my phone in my hand before we left?"
"No, don't think so.. Check your room"

I went to my room and saw it laying there on my bed. I decided to go take a warm shower since I wanted to get out of my wet clothes. I took off Brad's sweater and placed it on my bed and made mental note to text Brad about returning it.

~

After I was done getting dress, I checked my phone and I saw Brad in my notifications.

From: Brad 🎸
Keep the hoodie x

I didn't even bother replying and I stood there smiling like an idiot.

"What are you smiling at?" James asked.

I looked up to see that he was standing at my doorframe.

"Nothing" I replied and he left.

~

"James! What do you do if you can't focus on anything?" I yelled after when I opened my bedroom door.
"Why are you asking?" He asked as he came up the stairs and into my room.
"I just wanted to know"
"Okay, what's on your mind"
"Nothing"

He took a seat on my bed as I returned to my seat at my desk.

"Isn't this Brad's hoodie?" James asked while holding it up.
"Yeah, I'll return it to him whenever I see him" I lied.

I knew he would freak if I told him that he let me keep it.

"Oh, thanks for the tips on how to focus when you can't" I said sarcastically. "It really helps! I should tell people that when they asked me"

James laughed and left my room as I quickly shoved the hoodie into my closet to make him think I returned it to Brad whenever he walks back in here.
I can't believe that he didn't notice the hoodie before, it was in a noticeable spot and you can see it clearly too!

---------------------------------------------
Comment and vote so I know if I should continue or not!