9

Katherine's POV
As I arrived home from school, I threw everything on the floor and sat on my bed. I pulled out my phone to check my social medias then I decided to go down to the living room. Brad is now fully recovered so he's back to his normal self.

"Hey, how was school?" James asked.
"Stressful" I sighed.
"Rawr" Brad growled cutely while hugging me and knocking me down.
"Hey" I giggled.

He gives me one of his cute smiles and quickly pecked my cheek before running off. I quickly pulled out my phone pretending I was checking something when actually I am just staring at my home screen and twiddling my thumbs. I just didn't want to look at James, he's probably gonna yell at me anyways. After Brad comes back jumping around and annoying James while me, Connor and Tristan sit there laughing.

"Why are you so energetic today?" James asked annoyed while swatting away his hands.
"I don't know!" He replied while jumping onto the seat beside me and throwing himself on to my lap.
"You need to sit still" I laugh while ruffling his hair.

He whines and pouts while he fixes his hair.

"Bradley's on a sugar high" Tristan says.
"I'm not!" Brad whines and thrashes around a little.
"Okay, then stop being a 5 year old"
"Kat, Tristan's being mean to me!"
"Stop being mean to Brad, Tristan!" Connor yells very loudly and we all flinch.
"That was not necessary!" Tristan yells back.
"Guys, stop yelling!" James said. "Brad fell asleep and you guys will wake him"
"He was hyper like 5 minutes ago and now he's passed out" Tristan said. "So he was on a sugar high"

~

"Bradley!" I whine as he picks me up and spins me around. "I need to finish my homework!"
"You need a break!" He replied as he placed me down but keeping his arms around my waist.
"But you're distracting me"
"Am I?"
"You are"
"Then that sucks for you"
"Seriously Brad, go home or something"

He pouts as I got out of his grip and went back to my desk. I hear him walk behind me and rests his chin on my head while he hugs me from behind.

"Do something with me!" He whines.
"If it deals with staying up late then I'm not doing it" I reply as I place my pencil down.
"It doesn't"
"Then let me finish my homework then we can go"

He cheers and sits on my bed waiting.

~

"Okay, let's go" I said to Brad.
"Do you need to let James that you are heading out?" He asked.
"If I told him he wouldn't let me out, plus, I don't want to bother him and the others"
"Right"

~

We arrived at the beach and talked about random things. I subconsciously linked my arms with his as we walked on shore and rested my head against his shoulder as we walked.

"You tired?" Brad asks and I shook my head.
"But we should head home anyway" I replied while a slight breeze picked up and I shiver a little.
"Here"

Brad quickly takes off his jacket and handing it to me.

"No, it's okay, I don't need it" I said whiling pushing his jacket towards him.
"Please?" He begs. "I know the wind will pick up more later and I don't want you to get sick"

I sighed and grabbed his jacket and slipped it on.

"Happy?" I asked.
"Very!" He replied with a huge smile on his face.

~

When we entered the house, we see a very angry James and Connor and Tristan were trying to calm him down.

"Where the hell were you?" James asked.
"See, we told you she's fine and she's with Brad" Connor said.
"Do you know what time it is?" James yelled.
"Yeah," I replied calmly. "We just lost track of time!"
"Next time, tell James where you're going" Tristan said. "He got super pissed when he figured out Brad was gone also" He whispered the last part so James couldn't here.

I sighed and headed upstairs and into my room. I placed Brad's jacket on a chair and sat down on my bed.

"Hide me!" Brad whispered as he ran into my room and under my blankets. "James is gonna kill me!"
"Then I'll go down and talk to him" I replied.
"No, don't leave me"

When I got out he got out of the blankets. When I reached the bottom step I hear the boys talking.

"I think Brad and Kat are hiding something from me" James said quietly.
"James, you know they wouldn't do that" Connor replied.
"Yeah, they are probably really close friends like me and her" Tristan added.
"Yeah, that totally explains why some of Brad's hoodies are in her closet" James said sarcastically.
"Why the hell were you in her room?" Connor asked.

I went back to my room and closed the door.

"How'd it go?" Brad asked.
"I didn't talk to him" I replied while sitting beside him. "I was too busy eavesdropping"
"Kat! That's not a nice thing to do!"
"Listen, James thinks we are hiding something from him and he also found your hoodies that you gave to me!"
"But there's nothing going on between us"
"I know.."

I wish there was though..

"Well, I'm gonna go home now" He said.
"Okay, remember your jacket" I replied.
"Keep it" he winked.
"Stop giving me your clothes!"

He pouts and knocks me down with a hug.

"But you look good in my clothes" He mumbles into my neck which sends shivers through my body.
"You say that all the time" I replied while running my hand through his hair. "But I can't wear them because of James.

We stayed in the position for awhile.

"I'm gonna get going know" he said while hovering of me.
"Okay" I replied.

He gets up and pulls me into a hug, we exchange our goodbyes and good nights. I picked up Brad's jacket after left and placed it in a place where no one can find it then I moved all his hoodies in there.

~

"What the hell, I thought they were in here!" I hear someone whisper.
"You sure you weren't seeing things?" Someone whispered back.

I quickly grabbed my phone to check the time and it read 5:30, then I turned on the flashlight against my blanket so they can't see then I quickly flipped it towards the direction they were talking and saw James and Tristan.

"Busted" I said slightly angry and James swore under his breath.