5

Katherine's POV
I didn't feel like going to school at all this week but I know I'm forced to so I decided to wake up late.

"Hurry up Kat! You're gonna be late!" I hear mom yell.
"I know" I sigh as I slowly grab my bag and walking down stairs.

I actually did consider dropping out but my parents would get mad.

"If you keep it up with that pace you'll never get to school!" Dad yelled.
"I rather not go to school.." I mumbled.

I heard James offer to drive me to school as I exited my house.

~

I sighed as we arrived to the school.

"Kat, you have to tell mom and dad what's going on" James said as I reached for the door. "You can't just keep it a secret because I know you are going to call me to pick you up right before your class starts"
"There's no point" I replied while turning to face him. "They expect me to go to college or university!"
"If you tell them what's going on they will understand"
"Goodbye James"

He sighs as I get out of the car to enter the school.

~

As school ended, I felt someone grab my arm and I knew it was Joe.

"Let go" I say while yanking my arm out of his grip.
"But I'm giving you a run home!" He replies while grabbing my arm again.
"I said let go!"

By now a crowd has formed.

"I'm running you home" Joe said strictly.
"Sorry, I already have a ride" I replied rudely.
"I don't care who your ride is"
"Joe, let the poor girl go" I hear a girl say.

I turned to see her walking towards us and I assume that it was his sister, Amelia. He released his grip and I speed walked through the crowd and out the door. I spotted James' car quickly and I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Is everything okay?" James asked.

I nodded as he pulled out of the school property.

~

When we arrived home, my phone went off.

From: Unknown Number
Hey, it's Amelia. I got your number from my brothers phone.
I'm sorry about him by the way, he's always like that towards girls he meets. Just try to ignore him when you are at school, whenever he tries to find you and bothers you, just come find me, I have the same spare as you do but I know you go home during that time but I have art with you or if you want you can text me.
If you don't mind maybe tell me how you met and how he acted when you guys hangout?

I quickly added her number into my contacts before answering her.

To: Amelia
Hey, your brother started out nice when I first met him. Of course we met at school and he bumped into me.
We only hung out once and he was clingy and he tried to hold my hand at random times.
Good thing I saw my brother and his friends close by because who knows what he was planning.
From: Amelia
Yup, sounds like my brother
To: Amelia
Aha
From: Amelia
If it gets out of hand, come talk to me it your parents.
Or James if you want.

Right.. She knows I'm James' sister.. Totally forgot..

To: Amelia
Don't worry, I will :)

She didn't reply after that so I shove my phone into my pocket.

~

2 weeks passed and Joe has been constantly showing up at my house. Every time he shows up, I tell Amelia about it.

"Kat, come down here please!" I hear mom yell.

I walked down and stopped stopped in my tracks. I looked over to James and he motions me to sit beside him.

"What is Joe doing here?" I whispered after I sat down.
"I don't know but I called the boys so we won't need to have this conversation" He replied and right on cue the boys ran in.
"Sorry boys, but right now is not a good a good time" Mom said.
"But this is an emergency and we need James and Kat" Tristan replied.

James pulls me up and drags me out the door.

~

We decided to hang at Brad's place and as we all sat down, Jesse pounced on to me and I laughed and started petting her. Later, James phone rang and he picked it up.

"Hey mom" James dairy through the phone. "Everything's fine, we just had a last minute notice for a gig so we are rehearsing right now.. Okay, bye.. Love you too"
"Since you mentioned rehearsal and gig, we have one tomorrow" Brad said.
"Why are you telling us now?" Connor asked.
"I just got the notice!"
"Turns out our emergency wasn't a lie at all" Tristan said.

They all went to rehearse while I stayed with Jesse.

~

Hours passed and I can tell that they weren't rehearsing, I went down to see Tristan something silly but dangerous.

"Tris, don't do that" I said. "You can get hurt"
"Okay mom" Tristan replied and we all laughed.
"Now, all of you guys need to focus, you guys did nothing for like 2 hours"

They all chorused an okay as I sat down.

Ding

I pulled out my phone to see a text.

From: Amelia
Heads up, Joe plays every girl he meets.
Be careful, he's trying to get you

I sat there in shock.

"Is everything alright?" Brad asks as he places one hand on my knee.
"Yeah" I lied as I placed my phone screen downwards so he doesn't see.

When he went back to my brother and the rest, I quickly texted Amelia back.

To: Amelia
Thanks for the warning.

I locked my phone and sighed.

Bradley's POV
I can tell Kat isn't okay. For the last 5 minutes of rehearsal, I wasn't even focused, I need to know what she's hiding or what's on her mind. She's constantly checking her phone. I pulled Kat upstairs without anyone noticing.

"What's wrong?" I asked Kat.
"H-he's after me.." She mumbled while tears were brimming her eyes.
"Who's after you?"
"J-Joe"

She broke down as I pulled her into a hug. I can tell she was scared, her body was shaking while she's in my arms.

What do you mean he's after you?" I asked while rubbing small circles on her back.
"His sister said he plays every girl and he's trying to get with me!" She replied in between sobs.

----------------------------------------------
Sorry if the last dialogue didn't make sense, I didn't know how to word it, aha.