6. Nothing Lasts Forever

Cassie stared at Nate as they pulled into the construction site. "What are we doing here?" Cassie frowned. Nate took a deep breath, staring forward. Cassie frowned, folding her hands in her lap, staring down at them. "What are you thinking about?" She asked softly.

Nate looked over at her sighing. He said nothing, looking forward again. Cassie took a deep breath, giving him a small smile. "I've never been over here before." She was nervous, it was easy to tell.
Cassie looked around at all the unbuilt houses, then finally staring at Nate.

"Look, Cass, uh... I really like you." Nate sighed, looking over at her. She gave him a smile, slightly blushing. "I wish that things could be different." Her smile fell, Cassie biting her lip. "I just think what happened between us was a mistake, and we never should have done that."

"Well, yeah, but..." Cassie trailed off, nervous.

"It was my fault." Nate sighed. "I shouldn't have, uh..."

"It was my fault too." Cassie said quickly.

"I just thought... I just didn't think I'd get so... " he stared at Cassie, the blonde searching for what he would say next in his facial expression. "It doesn't matter, it is what it is." Nate shrugged. "We can't see each other. And we can never, ever speak about this."

Tears glistened in Cassie's eyes, biting the inside of her cheek. "I'm so sorry. I'm-" he noticed the tears in her eyes and frowned, "I'm so fucking sorry." Cassie took a deep breath, opening the truck door, rushing out, slamming the door shut.
Nate sighed, laying his head against the head rest as she ran into the construction site.

"Cassie!" He too got out of the truck, following her. "Cass!" Cassie ignored him, still jogging down the dirt paths, slipping into one of the houses. "Cassie! Cass!"
Nate sighed, going into the house, looking around for the blonde. "Cassie!"

Cassie still trying to get away from Nate, climbed up the stairs to the top as much as she could. "Cassie!" Nate went up the same stairs, finding Cassie leaning against the wall, tears streaming down her face.
Nate watching her, sighing. He leaned down, placing his lips on hers. And he just couldn't stop himself, he lifted her skirt, revealing her ass, squeezing it tightly. He slid her underwear down, kneeling down.

"You don't know how much power you have." He whispered onto her skin, then kissing it. Cassie moaned, biting her lip. "Fuck..." Nate said shakily. He pulled away, looking up at Cassie.

"How are you ever gonna look them in the eye again?"

Cassie took a deep breath, staying silent.

————————-

At the bowling alley, Angel sipped on her soda, huffing. She had been having fun, her, Maddy, Jules, Kat and her boyfriend Ethan were all there. And now, Kat and Ethan were the only ones bowling.
"I'll never find that type of love." Maddy sighed.

"Right." Angel sighed, "it's fucking depressing."

Jules quirked a brow, looking between the two of them, "What do you mean?"

"There's just no darkness." Maddy stated.

"It's not completely fucking toxic." Angel said at the same time. "It's pure."

"Yea," Jules nodded.

"I don't think it'd ever be enough for me." Maddy admitted sadly. Angel sat silent, biting her straw. She knew it wouldn't be enough for her, that's why she hadn't committed to Grayson, he was too sweet for her, too pure.

Jules stared at the two girls sadly, giving them soft smiles. "I don't know, I mean, some people are just kinda built different."
The three girls chuckled, Maddy nodding.

"You know..." Angel said slowly, "you and Grayson should start talking." She said.

"But what about-"

"I don't think I'd ever be able to actually be with him." Angel sighed. "But you two, I think it might work." She smiled. There was no reason her best friend had to be miserable, she could turn Maddy's misery around and be happy.

Maddy hummed, tilting her head. "Maybe I will hit him up."

"No maybe, hit him up now." Angel pushed. "Now!"

"Okay, okay." Maddy laughed, pulling her phone out and pulling up Graysons Instagram and messaging him.

"I think I miss Nate." Angel blurred out. Jules and Maddy shared a look, then looked back to Angel. "I shouldn't, but I do."

"Don't Angel, don't do it." Jules sighed.

"Yeah, your finally clean after how long? Trust me, he's gonna fuck that up for you." Maddy said. Maddy had gotten over Nate after not being with him for about three months, she could now see how toxic Nate was for the both of them. "He's bad for you."

"You literally called him my soulmate the other day." Angel huffed.

"Yeah, but soulmates aren't always meant to be with each other." Jules sighed. "You don't need Nate, I wish you could see yourself the way literally everyone else in the world does."

Angel sighed, looking down at the table, Jules reaching out, holding one of her hands, Maddy wrapping an arm around her.

"I don't know if I can stay away from him forever."

——————————

Nate sighed, walking into his room, letting out a huff seeing Cal standing there waiting for him. "Wanna tell me why some punk drug dealer beat you up?" Cal questioned.

"You sure you wanna know?" Nate sighed.

"Yeah, Nate. I do."

Nate inhaled sharply, closing his room door all the way, then nodding. "I'm sure you don't want mom to hear. You remember that classmate of mine you fucked, Jules?" Cals face fell slowly, making Nate smirk, "Right. So she told her two best friends, who told their drug dealer, and now the drug dealer and one of the friends keep threatening to go to the police station and say that you like to fuck little kids." Nate explained.

Cal closed his eyes in embarrassment, sighing. "Fuck."

"So maybe I was sticking up for you." Nate shrugged.

Cal was at a loss for words, shaking his head, not knowing how to process it. "I just wanna apologize for-"

"I don't want your apology." Nate scoffed.

"I need you to understand, I didn't know she went to your school." Cal excused, Nate rolling his eyes. "I didn't know how old she was."

Nate hummed, nodding his head. "What she didn't know was that you were filming her." Nate shot back.

Cal gulped, staying silent. "Do you have it?" He asked nervously. Nate smirked slightly, tilting his head. "Nate... do you have it?" He asked more firmly.

"No."