2. The Do's and Don'ts of Nate Jacobs

Nate and Angel were bonded forever

       Nate and Angel were bonded forever. When Nate and Angel were eleven years old, they snuck into his father's office. 

'Nate, i don't think we should be in here.' Angel whispered. He waved his hand, telling her to be quiet. She huffed, rolling her eyes as Nate unlocked the top drawer.

And then found his dad's porn collection. His dad, Call, was obsessive. His mom said that's who he got it from. 

Angel watched as Nate made a sheet to tell them how to put everything back so his dad wouldn't find out. Cal wasn't home, so the blonde watched out the window for his car. 

And they quickly realized that the colored cases and placement were no accident. It was an elaborate code, one to ensure that no one fucked with his shit.

Angel watched hesitantly as Nate put in the first disc. Cal appearing on the screen and what was happening made her face drop. It was a teenage boy with Cal shoving his fingers down his throat, repeating 'Wider'. The pounding and the boy grunting made her eyes water. 

Every video was basically the same. They'd rink, make small talk... and then his dad would fuck the shit out of some... 

The sound of a car rolling up made Angel look out the window, 'He's here.' She whispered. Nate and Angel quickly put everything back in place and rushed out of the room. 

'We never talk about this.' 

____________________________

       Angel and Nate entered the basement quietly through the side door Nate always came through. Angel quickly peeled off her shirt and throwing it into her closet as she pulled on one of Nate's old shirts she had stolen. Nate pulled his own shirt off, Angel throwing a pair of sweatpants that were his at him. He changed into them as she pulled on a pair of spandex. Nate plopped down on her bed as she walked over, laying down next to him.
     She laid her head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around her. 

    "I'm sorry you had to see that," Nate whispered. 

"It's okay." She whispered back. 

        "You know i love you, right?" She nodded and he kissed the top of her head, "I'm sorry I'm an asshole sometimes, i don't mean to hurt you." 

       "I know, It's okay." She said, closing her eyes. So Nate laid there and thought. 

    By 12, Nate had adopted a rigid diet and workout schedule. Within a year, his body fat dropped from 23% to 6%. His dad has installed in him that if he truly loved Angel he needed to be better and be able to protect her, so that drove him.