15. Let's make Nate Jealous

Angel stepped out of the car, Hardin had opened her door for her, making her smile

    Angel stepped out of the car, Hardin had opened her door for her, making her smile. Hardin had asked her to the dance, as friends. "You ready?" She smiled and nodded, the two walking in together. Angel looked around with a grin. She noticed her friends and smiled "Hey, I'm gonna go talk to the boys, I'll be back, okay?" She nodded as the two walked off in different direction. 

     "Hey!" She beamed walking up to them, Maddy sprung up, wrapping her arms around the blonde. 

     "You look so fucking hot." Maddy complimented. 

"Says you, look at you." She beamed. Angel went around, giving hugs to her friends. 

     "Was the Hardin Adams you walked in with?" Cassie laughed. 

      "Yeah, he asked me, but like, just as friends." She laughed. 

     "The way he looks at you does not seem just as friends." Jules laughed as Angel sat down next to Maddy. 

     "Well, i don't see him as anything more than a friend." She smirked. 

       "Oo, a baddie i see!" Rue cheered. 

"Hey, guys." Kat smiled, walking up to the table and moving to sit on the opposite side of the table next to Lexie. Maddy had told Angel that she and Kat had gotten into it a couple of weeks back. Angel nudged Maddy, who gave Kat a small smile. 

     The group of girls sat in silence for a minute, "What if these are, like, the big moments in life?" Cassie stated, breaking the silence. "Like, my mom always talks about how high school was like this big, monumental part of her life. But i cannot imagine being 40 and looking back at this, like, wow." 

        "Yeah, but that's because most people peak in high school." Maddy laughed. 

      "Fuck, if I've peaked, kill me now." Angel huffed. 

"You definitely haven't peaked." The girls chimed in. 

      "Yeah, i definitely haven't peaked, so..." Kat sighed. 

"I feel like I'm not even a person yet." Lexi chuckled. 

      "Yeah, I'm definitely at, like, 25 percent weakness." 

"I feel like I'm at a hundred." Jules laughed, passing the mixed drink in a Gatorade bottle to Angel who took a gulp. "But i can definitely get to 150." 

        "Honestly, i never thought I'd make it this far." Rue huffed. 

      "What do you mean?" Cassie frowned.

"I don't know. I just always had, like, this overwhelming anxiety that something bad would happen." Rue explained. 

       "In all fairness, last summer, there were, like, three weeks where i thought you were dead." Maddy sighed. 

      "Okay, but she's been over for, like, three months." Jules defended. 

         Maddy looked to Angel confused, "Weren't you in rehab, like, six months ago?" 

        "Uh, yeah." Rue chuckled. 

"Yay, you can do the math." Angel joked, Maddy, giving the blonde a playful glare. 

      "Maybe people are nostalgic about high school cause it's, like, the last time in their life that they get to dream." Cassie pointed out. "After this is just bad jobs, and bills, and bad husbands. Maybe I'm generalizing, but... i don't know. Do you guys get what i mean?" 

     "I don't know. I kind of feel the opposite." Jules shrugged, "I feel like high school's super fucking suffocating." 

     "Really?" 

"Yeah." 

      "I agree." Angel sighed. 

"I'll be right back." Jules smiled, getting up and walking out of the gym. Angel looked around the gym, looking back over to see Nate walking in with his last-minute date who had her whole ass out, and Nate gripping it. 

     "You have to be fucking kidding me?" Angel scoffed, the jealously rising. 

      "Yeah, what the fuck?" Maddy scoffed, Maddy had broken it off with Nate a few days prior and now was completely done with him. "First of all, ew. Second of all..." 

      "Ew." Both girls said, scrunching their noses in disgust. 

________________________

        When Maddy broke up with him too, he lost everything. He lost Angel, he lost Maddy, basically everything he had. So at the game that following Friday, he thought about just taking all his anger out on the field.

      'Ladies and gentlemen, that is it.' The football players running through the line of cheerleaders as the jogged onto the field, Maddy and Angel among the cheerleader. 'This is the game you've all been waiting for.' 

        'That's right, Bart. This is the first game back for the hawks starting QB Nate Jacobs.' Maddy and Angel looked to each other, sharing a laugh. 'It could be the final game of his high school career unless he can bring home the W, and get this struggling team to regionals.' Maddy and Angel clapped their pom-poms before stretching out their arms. 
     Angel stepped out, doing a quick hand-spring with a fellow cheerleader, the one Nate would be taking to the dance.  

       'I got your man.' The other girls whispered passing her back to her spot. 

      'Go ahead and have him.' Angel laughed, moving back to the center. 

_____________________________________

        Angel watched with a glare as Nate and his date danced, "Wanna dance?" Angel asked Maddy. 

     "Gladly." Maddy huffed. 

"Guys, don't," Cassie warned. Angel stood up, Nate's eyes on her. She took Maddy's hand, "Guys. Don't do it." 

     "Fuck this." Maddy huffed, both girls taking off through the crowd. They walked through the crowd, Nate's eyes on Angel as she and Maddy walked up to Hardin and his friend. 

      "I wanna dance." She stated, pulling Hardin's hand, Maddy pulling his friend through the crowd as well. The got a few feet away from Nate. Hardin pulled her to him, his hips grinding into her as she moved hers. Nate watched the way Angel rolled her body and how her hips moved.
    Hardin held her loosely, letting her move as he dipped his head, kissing her neck. Nate clenched his jaw as he watched. 

     It was like a game to Angel, she wanted to make Nate jealous. And it was working. Nate stood there as his date danced, all he did was watch her. Angel turned around, wrapping her hands around Hardin's neck, his hand moving to her ass and squeezing. Nate glared at him as Hardin smirked. On the field the day before, Hardin told him that he'd have his girl, and Nate blew it off thinking he was talking about Maddy, but now, he was livid. 

     "Fuck this," Nate growled, walking off. 

"He's gone," Hardin whispered in her air. She turned her head, smirking when she saw him walking away. Jules walked up to the girls.    

      "Hey!" Jules smiled. Angel smiled, letting Hardin hold onto her still as she grabbed Jules' hands and they all danced. "Are you having fun?" 

      "Fuck yeah!"