14. Time to Let go

Angel was asleep, i mean, it was ten'o clock at night when Nate showed up

     Angel was asleep, i mean, it was ten'o clock at night when Nate showed up. "Nate?" Quinn smiled, walking out of Angel's room. It had been a full week with Angel in the hospital. 

     "Uh, hi, Mrs. Rivers... how, uh, how is she?" He asked nervously. 

     "She's fine, no memory loss or anything." She smiled, the doctors were worried about how hard she had to hit her head that she might have suffered from memory loss. "She was asking for you earlier today." 

     "Is she, uh, is she still awake?" 

Quinn shook her head and then tilted her head with a small smile on her face, "Do you think you could do me a favor?" 

      "Uh, yeah. Sure." He nodded.

"Do you mind staying with her tonight? I've been here for about a week, wouldn't mind staying in my own bed." She wasn't doing it for her, she was doing it for Nate. Everyday Angel asked if Nate had come and she was always disappointed by the answer. 

      "Yeah, yeah of course." He smiled, She opened the door, and he let out a breath when he saw the sleeping blonde. He walked in, Quinn shutting the door. He pulled a chair next to her bed and held her hand softly. "Hey, Angel..." He whispered. 

  __________________________

       Angel groaned, waking up. She felt a hand grasping hers and thought it was her mom. She looked over, seeing Nate. She took a deep breath, she wanted him to be here, but now that he was here, she didn't know what to feel. She raised her hand, running it through his hair. 
     Nate hummed, sitting up slowly. His eyes widened as soon as he noticed the blonde laying there, a small smile on her face. 

     "Hey..." He whispered. 

  "Hi." She smiled. 

      "Y-Your mom, she, uh, she asked me to stay with you." Nate stuttered out. She nodded slowly, looking around. 

     "Can you lay with me?" She asked nervously, Nate nodded, standing up, she moved over slightly, opening up the blanket for Nate to climb in. He slowly lowered himself onto the bed, lifting an arm. She laid her head on his chest, the two tangling their legs together. 
    Nate couldn't help but feel guilty. 

     "Did this happen because of me?" He asked quietly. 

Angel laid their quietly for a second, "No." She lied. Her episode was stress-induced, and she was stressed about Nate, so in some ways, it was because of Nate. 

     "Promise me?" 

"Yeah." She nodded. 

        "I'm sorry," Nate mumbled. 

"Okay." She nodded. Nate frowned slightly. 

      "You don't forgive me?" He frowned. "Are you over me? Like over me, over me?"

        "I'm over being sad all the time, wondering if it's going to be me or Maddy, wondering when you're gonna call me." She sniffled quietly, "Do you know how lonely i felt these past few weeks? I had to find out from Maddy... And i don't wanna be your girlfriend or whatever we are if we're just going to fight all the time because that's all it seems like we do?" 

     "So, do you want a break from me or something?" 

"I didn't say, that i just... I'm tired of fighting. " 

       "Okay." Nate nodded, sitting up. "I'm gonna walk out that door, and if you let me go, then you let me go." He shrugged. Nate walked to the door, opening in. She opened her mouth, ready to call him back. But she rested back in the bed. Nate huffed, walking out the door and closed it softly.
     She closed her eyes, letting a tear fall. 

__________________________________

 Angel was different. When she had gotten out of the hospital, she had successfully semi-ignored Nate. She wasn't mean to him, she just wasn't her usual Angel to him. And he noticed that.

     Angel looked at herself in her dress grinning. "God, i love this fucking dress." 

     "That is a fucking amazing dress." Reina nodded. Angel loved silver, and that's basically what her whole dress was made of. "Now take it off so when i do your makeup, it doesn't get on the dress." Angel huffed, Reina, unzipping it. "You know, something's different, you're happier." 

     "I'm finally okay with myself." She smiled as Reina started on her eyes. "I'm over being sad and letting people control me and my happiness." 

      "And that is the bad-bitch i needed to see!" Reina cheered. Angel laughed, smiling, a real smile. It only took her months to figure it out. 

__________________________________________

 JUST A FILLER