twelve

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧

Jake's POV 🐶 📸

"...hyung things are just blowing up now!!! Initially, this just seemed like some sort of phase, but now you're being ridiculous! Jungwon's upset, Jay's become a robot, and everyone is mad at you!!! Why did you ask Jay to stay away !?!?!" I yelled.

There was a loud screech and I leaned forward as the car stopped. He turned to me, his face tired and gloomy. The frustration I felt was replaced by worry.

"Jake don't talk about things you don't understand, I don't give two shits if they all hate me, I'm just trying to help Jungwon. I expected you of all people to know that" he spoke in a low voice.

I tried to piece together a response. "but hyung- the school is right here you should go..." he turned away from me.

I got out reluctantly, turning around to see if he would look. He didn't spare me a glance and just drove away. I swallowed harshly and prepared myself to enter the building.

The holidays were terrible. The usual get-togethers we had every year were now filled with tension and people cancelling their plans.

"Hyung?" I turned to see Niki. "Hey kiddo, what's up?" I asked softly. I knew what he wanted to request. "I well...Jay hyung still hasn't...you know...." I swallowed thickly.

"Hey look Sunghoon is trying to talk to him, it'll pan out eventually ok? Fights happen, and they make friendships stronger, it'll all be fine," I rubbed his back soothingly.

"Mhm, thanks hyung, I'll be going now." He gave me a small wave as he walked off. I let out a breath and entered my classroom.

Physics. I'd see them both now.

Jay wasn't his usual goofy self, he had a poker face throughout the class and listened. I saw Sunghoon nudge him and speak to him in harsh whispers, but nothing. No reaction.

"....okay so now I'll let you move around and work with your friends, but try and limit the noise," Mr Kim stated. The class started to move and I took the chance to walk over to their table. "Hey guys," I quipped as I approached them. Sunghoon looked up at me, his tired and cold expression softening. "Hey, sit here," he gestured.

"Thanks, hey Jay." The latter just gave me a blank wave before diving back into his worksheet. Sunghoon seemed to grow more frustrated. "Uh so have you got some of the answers already?" I attempted again.

"Sure, I got a couple, here check 'em out" he pushed the paper towards us. Hey, this is good, at least he spoke and he looked at us.

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

Yeah, this isn't working out. Physics class was just Jay discussing the answers, and even when asked about his holidays he just blankly replied that he hung out with Sunghoon.

My mind was flooded with worry throughout the rest of my lessons. Especially after our sixth period, because now we had lunch. I walked into the cafeteria to be greeted by a heartbreaking sight. Jungwon, Sunoo, and Niki were sitting at one table, Jay and Sunghoon on another....while Heeseung was alone.

Why does this have to happen? I approached him from behind and sat down. He looked at me, slightly surprised. No, come on don't do that to me hyung. I swear my heart nearly broke right there.