twenty- eight

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧

Sunghoon's POV 🐧 ❄️

"Sunghoon, the guy I like, the guy you've been telling me to confess to, it's you."

Everything seemed to freeze as he spoke. No...that can't be right... I must have heard it wrong. My heart seemed to get caught in my throat as I scanned his anxious face. No...he can't like me....he must be practising on me.

"Jake, are you practising with me?" I broke the stillness with my question. I expected him to nod shyly and ask me if it sounded okay, or maybe joke about it...I felt like my heart was going to break any second now.

Instead, his expression changed from tense to pure disbelief.

Wait...disbelief? "Sunghoon no I'm serious. The person I like is you, I've liked you for three whole months now...I mean it."

My stomach dropped and my internal organs turned to mush. He likes...me....the guy that he likes...is me??

"What?" I spluttered out stupidly. I must be imagining things...somebody must have told him and he must be kidding. However, all those thoughts flew out the window when his face dropped, there was hurt written all over it.

"I'm so sorry, I know this must be really awkward for you...I just wanted to try and confess. I promise I'll get over these feelings and if you're uncomfortable being around me from now on I understand fully," he forced out, inhaling heavily.

I stood rooted to my spot, too overcome with shock to do anything. It was only when he turned around and began walking away that I managed to snap out of my trance. "Wait, Jake!" I ran after him and caught his wrist.

He turned around reluctantly, tears brimming in his eyes. The sight nearly broke me in two. I can't believe it...

"You like me? The guy you were upset over for those last few weeks was me? Wait...is that why you avoided me?" I prattled in pure shock. He took in another breath and nodded slowly. "Yeah...it was you" he affirmed hoarsely.

No way...

Before he could pull himself away from my grip, without thinking, I dragged him to the photo booth. He gasped as I pulled the two of us inside and shut the door. "Sun-Sunghoon what are you doing?" he stuttered out, looking around with wide eyes.

I'm going to do this properly, that's what. I turned his shoulders so that he was looking straight at me. "Jake, remember how I said that I had something to tell you after you confessed?" he swallowed thickly and nodded his head.

"Well then here it is. Jake, I like you, I've been planning to confess to you ever since the party that night. I had planned on doing it after you confessed to...the person you liked." I finished. His head snapped up, and he gaped at me in shock.

"Huh?", "I mean it Jake, that's why I was so shocked when you told me you liked me...I feel the same..." I pushed out, holding my breath as I waited for his reaction.

"Wait but you and Ryuji- that was an act, I was doing it to help get her together with Yeji" I cut him off quickly, clarifying the situation hastily.

"Huh wah?" he blinked repeatedly. "Trust me, heck they just got together a few minutes ago, I even helped her confess." I implored, hoping things wouldn't get complicated. His eyes darted around my face frantically, searching for any hint of humour.

I waited patiently as he processed my words. I couldn't believe what was happening, I can't believe I'm here. "Really?" he questioned finally, nothing but a soft inquiry to confirm. I felt the corners of my mouth go up as I gazed at him, his eyes filled with astonishment and his teeth nipping at his bottom lip.