sixteen

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧

Jake's POV 🐶 📸

"Excuse me! ...sorry!" I swerved past the crowd, pedalling furiously. AM NOT PM Sim Jake...can you be more idiotic? The tires screeched as I braked near the sidewalk, letting my bike fall, as I rushed inside.

I was greeted by chatter from the rest of the team and the scraping of equipment along the floor. I glimpsed down at my watch, I made it on time.

"Oh there you are, I've been texting you," Sunghoon popped up from behind a lighting stand. "Sorry, I messed up my alarm." He raised his eyebrows while I sheepishly grinned. "Obviously you did, come on, we're waiting for your instructions."

I followed him through the mess of wires and clothing, approaching the group of models. He signalled at me to speak. Right yeah...just tell them the plan..not a big deal. "Hey guys" I squeaked out as they turned towards me.

My heart started to hammer against my chest...and not in a good way. Shit, say something idiot! "Uh um, well I hope you all know the theme today?" I asked dumbly. They hummed and nodded at me. Great! What now??

"That's-that's good...yeah...um...did all of you-did you guys... get costumes assigned?" I stuttered. "Yeah we did," Wonyoung said, giving me a gentle smile. "Awesome...so uh...how about you get changed and then-well- we can sho-shoot then" I managed to piece together. They nodded and dispersed to the small changing booths we had set up.

I let out a heavy sigh and rubbed my temples. I had never spoken to any of them before in person...most of that was done by...

"Hey, all ok?" Sunghoon asked. I whipped around, drawing in a sharp breath of air. I completely forgot he was still standing there. "Uh yeah..you know just a hard time...speaking" I chuckled nervously.

His eyes held a look of concern as I rubbed the palms of my hands together. His gaze really wasn't helping me calm down either...god I still didn't understand why I was so nervous around him lately.

Before he could speak, I interjected. "You should go and change as well, don't worry about me. Just having the usual introvert struggles," I joked, reassuring him. He paused for a minute before patting me on the back and going to change.

I gulped and reached into my bag for my water bottle. Calm down and set up the camera. Focus. The tension slowly started to fade and I began preparing the camera, deciding on different shots and angles.

I heard squeals and loud compliments being thrown around at the back. They must have finished changing. "Hey bro!" a voice called out. I averted my eyes away from the camera lens. "Jay? What are you doing here dude?" I asked in English.

"Oh, I just came here to support my bestiee...I'm part of the props department you idiot!" he said sarcastically, pinching my sides. "Oh come on! You could have come here to see Sunghoon as well" I whined.

"There's not much to see, he'll just be nervous for the first few seconds, get shy when someone compliments him, eventually get overwhelmed, and then suddenly have a boost in ego. I recommend you take note of that."

I shook my head. "Well whatever it is, you outdid yourself. The sets and costumes are amazing," I complimented. He smiled sincerely. "Thanks, I'm glad you like them. By the way, everyone's done changing, so we can start the shoot now. I'll just be here on standby for the sets and stuff."

"Cool, where are they?" he beckoned me to follow him to the back. Everyone had changed into their 90's leather outfits and looked great. I went around giving them timid compliments as Jay fixed loose details. "Ah Jay! Why did it have to be sleeveless for me?"