twenty - six

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧  𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 

Sunghoon's POV 🐧 ❄️

"Sunghoon you've just been gazing into the sky for the last ten minutes....could you please say something?" Ryujin whispered nervously. I cleared my throat and sat up straight. It's simple, just tell her as planned.

"Look, Jay sorta figured out our act...." her eyes widened. "Wait, hear me out!" I added hastily. She nodded, exhaling and beckoning me to go on. "We weren't really convincing most of them....and well Jay said this plan wasn't going to work...so he proposed that we stop this" I concluded finally.

I waited for her to say something. "Well it's kinda embarrassing that we were such bad actors..." she uttered finally. I sniggered quietly as a grin grew on her face. "No seriously I think we were pretty bad," she expressed as my quiet laughs became louder.

I regained my breath as she soughed. "I suppose he is right...I mean it won't make a difference, the fest is just four days away...Yeji probably doesn't even feel the same.." she trailed off. I was immediately saddened by the comment.

I am not letting this ship die.

"How do you know that?" I questioned annoyedly. She frowned in confusion. "You've never even asked her! You've just been orbiting around her Ryujin! The only way to know is to confess, you can't keep doing this" I took in a breath after the firm statement, as she gaped at me.

"Dang that was a snap to reality.." she mumbled, while I gulped nervously. Was I too harsh? It's not really my place to say anything...

"I know you're right Sunghoon, but here's the thing. People think of me as some cool, confident girl who isn't nervous to do what she feels like, which is kinda true in a way...but I'm a coward at other times...and this one of them" she let out heavily as she played with her fingers.

Those words hit me hard. After all, that's what everyone thinks of me. Park Sunghoon, the mysterious ice-boy...

I'm just Sunghoon. A guy with plenty of doubts, and fear.

"You know...I like someone" I confessed after a long pause. She whipped around in shock, her mouth wide open. "WHO?!?" she squawked, shaking me by the shoulders. I blushed furiously and scratched the back of my neck.

"Jake..." I whispered. The ground looks hella interesting today...

There was a pause before a sound similar to that of a whistle and parrot erupted from the depths of Ryujin's throat. I flinched back in surprise as she screeched happily, laughing madly.

"I KNEW IT" she squealed, punching the air.

What?!?!?!? I felt my stomach drop, and I sprung up in shock. "HOW?!?" I exclaimed incredulously as she danced around. "Please, it was so obvious. Heck, I don't think you even knew....constantly smiling whenever he came to the table, ruffling his hair, being so giddy and pouty with him....pfft yeah friends my ass" she scoffed, sitting back down.

I was left speechless.

Hey! I wasn't...no that can't be right...right?!?! I recollected all the times I had spent with him....okay just because I was a lot more touchy and goofy with him than most people....and constantly...happy...around him...that..does...mean..that-