twenty -three

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧

Sunghoon's POV 🐧  ❄️

Should I just tell her? She'll understand, right? I inhaled deeply and approached Ryujin who was walking toward our lunch table. "Hey, can we talk real quick?" I whispered before she could sit down. She nodded and left her tray at the table, following me to an empty hallway.

"Everything okay?" she asked worriedly. "Ah yeah don't worry, it's nothing really just some stuff that happened yesterday..good stuff but um I'd like to talk to you about it," I said quickly. Her face relaxed and she grinned.

"Oh really? That's great! What happened? I've also got some good news of my own," she said excitedly

Oh, wait did she and Yeji.....? "Oh tell me what happened to you first," she tried to suppress a smile and spoke. "Yeji asked me to hang out yesterday, we had a late movie night."

Okay so you know how you work up the courage to tell someone something, but then they hit you with like really good news for them..that makes you really happy, and telling them the thing you want to tell them will probably ruin it?

Yeah.

I think you see where I'm going with this.

"Oh, that's great!" I remarked as she nodded happily. "But anyways what about you?" I can't tell her...I'll just pretend a little longer.

The school fest is in less than 2 weeks anyway so not that long. "I uh...I was just about to tell you that I.....I've figured out the perfect way to get you two to hang out more!" I lied through gritted teeth.

She widened her eyes in surprise and grinned. "Really? How?" she asked quickly. "I...uhm...it's a uh...I'll tell you soon!" I stuttered out. It worked somehow, she just punched my shoulder happily and beckoned me to follow her back to the lunch table.

Well shit, now I've got to set up a blind date.

"Hey guys...what were you lovebirds doing?" Niki asked smugly as we approached the table. Everyone except Heeseung and Jungwon 'ooo-ed' annoyingly at the comment.

"Shut up.." I muttered as we sat down. "Hey, is it ok if two more people join us today?" Heeseung asked. "Ooo we're becoming a big group now, of course!" Sunoo said warmly. 

He quickly got up to fetch his friends. I looked around the cafeteria, trying to find a certain puppy-like male. Where is he? I haven't seen him in three days. For the first time in my life, I found myself excited for school, all giddy and smiley like a lovesick middle-schooler. 

It's such a weird feeling, but I love it. Yet I couldn't help but get worried about him...

I heard a fork clatter next to me. I looked sideways to see Ryujin choking on her rice. I averted my gaze upwards and saw the cause. Yeji, obviously. I quickly handed her a glass of water and patted her on the back, helping her adjust her utensils again.

"God you reprimand us for PDA yet here you are," Niki commented. "She's choking dude, what am I supposed to do?!" I exclaimed. "Ah Sunghoonie got upset," Sunoo joked as the others laughed.

So I can't stop someone from dying now?

"Thanks man," Ryujin said and quickly realised her small slip-up. No one seemed to notice though, they were all caught up in their own conversation...at least that's what I thought, and hoped.

"Oh, Geonu! Heeseung invited you here huh?" Jay said cheekily. Heeseung turned a bright shade of red while the mentioned male chuckled. "Ah yeah, it was nice of you by the way," he added quickly earning a nervous chuckle from the latter.